nettime's_policy_wonk on Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:42:00 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> W3C WWW patent polciy digest [ferner, duncan, byfield (oram)]

Tore Ferner <torfer@pvv.org>
     Today: Deadline for Public Comment on Patent Policy for WWW Standards
Phil Duncan <PDuncan@aggregatestudio.com>
     W3C and Patents
t byfield <tbyfield@panix.com>
     [andyo@oreilly.com: Web Content at Risk in W3C's Proposed Patent
      Framework]

Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:23:10 +0200 (CEST)
From: Tore Ferner <torfer@pvv.org>
Subject: Today: Deadline for Public Comment on Patent Policy for WWW Standards

Hello,

Perhaps some art and media groups/institutions want to make their
statements on a patent policy proposal for W3C's web standards. Deadline
for public hearing: today.

EFF:
http://www.eff.org/alerts/20011004_eff_w3c_patent_alert.html

Comments so far are listed here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-patentpolicy-comment/

The comments by The Open Source Initiative and Mozilla:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-patentpolicy-comment/2001Oct/1310.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-patentpolicy-comment/2001Oct/1350.html

Tore