brian carroll on Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:22:25 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Public review of US Energy Policy

Secretary of Energy, Spencer Abraham,

I would like to participate in the direct public review and public
debate of our nation's energy policy. My intentions for doing so are
not partisan in nature, but from an educational, research-oriented
perspective, in which I find several key issues in the US Energy
Policy going unacknowledged in the United States National Energy Plan.

I would like to know how I can participate in this public process as
a citizen, and as an expert in the role of electromagnetism in our
economic, social, and political culture.

My intention are to have the Public Policy the Department of Energy
is proposing for our human future benefit human beings, firstly, to
ensure it protects our democratic freedoms by offering a stable,
secure, and innovative evolution of a system which has remained
virtually unchanged in its basic structure for 100 years now. This is
a public letter which is being sent to several e-mail lists. Thus,
your reply will also be made available.

I would like to know how I can participate in this public process and
offer my public, human perspective on what are essential issues for
the future of energy policy, and its impacts upon our democratic
culture. Thus, a public dialogue with the Energy Planning Task Force
would help clarify several undocumented issues in the nation's plan.

Your prompt reply is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Brian Thomas Carroll

human@electronetwork.org