Carl Guderian on 27 Mar 2001 15:14:34 -0000

Re: <nettime> slashdot chooses its battle and complies to scientology claims

I think the *real* test would be what Slashdot did if
the clams were to demand the identity of the poster.
If the poster's anonymizer wasn't up to snuff, then
Xenu help him/her. And if Slashdot delivered up the
poster, then all Xenu's legions of body thetans
couldn't save Slashdot's reputation.

Carl

--- Drazen Pantic <drazen@opennet.org> wrote:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/03/16/1256226&mode=thread

> <
> Last Saturday a comment was posted here by an
> anonymous reader that
> contained text that was copyrighted by the Church of
> Scientology. They
> have since followed the DMCA and demanded that we
> remove the comment.
> While Slashdot is an open forum and we encourage
> free discussion and
> sharing of ideas, our lawyers have advised us that,
> considering all
> the details of this case, the comment should come
> down. Read on to
> understand what this means.
 <...>