nettime's_digestive_system on 3 Sep 2000 17:37:32 -0000

<nettime> Heikogram: Witch-hunt punishes those who defy Haider

Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 00:13:44 +0200 (CEST)
From: Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To: nettime-l@bbs.thing.net
Subject: Re:  <nettime> Witch-hunt punishes those who defy Haider

Phil forwarded this news:

> >  Controversial far right politician Joerg Haider, who is spending almost
> >  £50,000 to have Nazi artworks removed from behind oak panelling and
> >  restored, is now trying to find a museum prepared to display them.

IMHO its good news. Things like that can be seen from two points of view.

Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 09:46:06 +0200 (CEST)
From: Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To: nettime-l@bbs.thing.net

Dear Phil, dont get me wrong, I dont like Haider, but I just think its not
worth this kind of "intervention". If you could read german, I would try to
get an article, maybe worth to be translated, that appeared in "Leviathan",
maybe you can get this social science magazin in your library, it should be
there, very funny reading, very enlighting.

>almost
> >
> >IMHO its good news. Things like that can be seen from two points of view.

And this was about pictures. Nazi art. Well, you can think its worth to be
burned, but I am interested in what kind of a world my father and his
generation lived. I think this should be or is a *left* interest. I am
interested in reality.

Best wishes,

Heiko