philip pocock on Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:51:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> the ugly american

Am Monday den, 17. February 2003, um 07:55, schrieb Keith Sanborn:

> The ugly american.
>
> For those of you who might not realize that over a million
> people--including several artists--were in the street in New York
> AGAINST the Bush plan to make war on Iraq, I'd like to relate what is
> actually a true story. I am personally acquainted with the people
> involved.
>
> A friend's mother, who is a native new yorker, was given the wrong
> drug recently and was in a coma for 4 days. Fortunately they realized
> it in time and she was brought out of it. They ran an MRI and things
> looked good, but they wanted to verify that the woman had not lost
> cognitive skills. The doctor asked her:
>
> "What year is it?"
>
> "2003" the woman answered.
>
> "What month is it?"
>
> "February."
>
> "Who is the President"
>
> "I'd rather not talk about it."

here's another bushi joke i got in my mail kieth...

George Bush: condoleeza!  Nice to see you.  What's happening?

Condoleeza Rice: Sir, I have the report here about the new leader of
China.

George: Great. Lay it on me.

condoleeza: "Hu" is the new leader of China.

George: That's what I want to know.

condoleeza:  That's what I'm telling you.

George: That's what I'm asking you.  Who is the new leader of China?

condoleeza: Yes.

George: I mean the fellow's name.

condoleeza: Hu.

George: The guy in China.

condoleeza:  Hu.

George: The new leader of China.

condoleeza:  Hu.

George:  The Chinaman!

condoleeza: Hu is leading China.

George: Now whaddya' asking me for?

condoleeza:  I'm telling you Hu is leading China.

George: Well, I'm asking you. Who is leading China?

condoleeza: That's the man's name.

George: That's who's name?

condoleeza: Yes.

George: Will you or will you not tell me the name of the new leader in
China?

condoleeza:  Yes, sir.

George: Yassir? Yassir Arafat is in China? I thought he was in the Middle
East.

condoleeza:  That's correct.

George:  Then who is in China?

condoleeza:  Yes, sir.

George: Yassir is in China?

condoleeza:  No, sir.

George: Then who is?

condoleeza:  Yes, sir.

George: Yassir?

condoleeza:  No, sir.

George:   Look, condoleeza. I need to know the name of the new leader of
China.
          Get me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone.

condoleeza:  Kofi?

George:  No, thanks.

condoleeza: You want Kofi?

George:  No.

condoleeza: You don't want Kofi.

George:  No.  But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of milk.
And
then
get me the U.N.

condoleeza:  Yes, sir.

George: Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.

condoleeza: Kofi?

George:  Milk! Will you please make the call?

condoleeza:  And call who?

George:  Who is the guy at the U.N?

condoleeza:  Hu is the guy in China.

George:  Will you stay out of China?!

condoleeza:  Yes, sir.

George: And stay out of the Middle East!  Just get me the guy at the U.N.

condoleeza:  Kofi.

George:  All right!  With cream and two sugars.  Now get on the phone.