Kalina Bunevska Isakovska on Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:46:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Invitation

The Contemporary Art  Center - Skopje, Macedonia
cordially invite you to attend the opening of the exhibition

Telling stories
by Slavica Janeshlieva

Wednesday, 07.11.2001, 8 PM
CIX gallery

The project consists of stories and visual materials
(objects made from items in everyday use).
Stories that I am telling are, in fact, the same stories that
I have hear from my relatives and somehow
(because all of these stories are true) with them I present analogy and
contrast of life now and in the past, life unique of one Balcan family,
which is a mixture of different traditions, religions and nationalities.
This way of presenting the story with
objects accompanied by photographs and text (the story itself)
is coming out from one total and that is that: its not important how
often we are listening to some story - we never remember the words in
the story, we only create a picture for that and always when we
paraphrase that story we are in fact describing the picture that we
ourselves create.
Janeshlieva

Kalina Bunevska Isakovska
Visual Arts Program Coordinator
CAC - Skopje, Macedonia
Address: Orce Nikolov 109, 1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
tel./fax: ++389.91/133-541; 214-495
e-mail: kalina@scca.org.mk
http://www.scca.org.mk

slavica1.jpg