jeremy hunsinger on Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:43:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] cfp: hosting@cddc

please distribute

Hosting@CDDC

The Center for Digital Discourse and Culture (CDDC) in the College of
Arts and Sciences at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
is accepting proposals for hosting artistic, critical, and literary
projects. The CDDC ( http://www.cddc.vt.edu ) has been in operation for
over two years, and it publishes hypertext journals, hosts digital
research archives, and cooperates with many international cyberculture
organizations.

As an entirely digital point-of-publication, the CDDC is seeking from
individuals and groups, proposals of artistic or academic merit for use
of our server space.  The main focus of the CDDC is to explore the new
communicative potentials of hypertext, hypermedia, and web-centered
publication. The review processes will be as extensive as those
experienced in print academic outlets, but it too will be conducted in a
fully on-line format.

Proposals should be approximately one page in length.  They should
explain the work, and, if possible, provide examples (current urls) of
the work proposed.  We imagine projects by individual digital artists or
writers, groups of artists, reviewed or curated  online display spaces
or literary journals, and other unique endeavors will take advantage of
this service.  On average, each project can be allocated a considerable
amount of space (i.e. around 50 MB, of web addressable server space,
though both larger and smaller requests will be considered), accessible
from an ftp account on the CDDC servers.

To propose a publication project, or to get more information, contact
the Center for Digital Discourse and Culture at cddc@vt.edu .

FAQ:
Q:How do I get free hosting for my online artistic/literary project at CDDC?