Geert Lovink on Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:08:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] (no subject)

Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:49:51 -0500
From: Hermenaut Editors <editors@hermenaut.com>
To: josh@hermenaut.com
Subject: Any friend of Erik Davis...

is a friend of Hermenaut's.

Perhaps that's going too far. I like Erik and all, but I didn't like how he
accidentally sent my email address to a bunch of people I didn't know.

This morning, however, as I was packing up a shipment of Hermenaut #16 to
send to one of our distributors, I was worrying that we're going to sell
out every single copy of the new issue, leaving us with zero copies to give
away to those with-it, media-literate types for whom we write and edit
Hermenaut. That's what happened with #15, to our chagrin. And that made me
think that I should offer a free copy of #16 -- the "Stockholm Syndrome"
issue, featuring writing by Sam Lipsyte, Keith Gessen, Gavin McNett, Paul
Maliszewski, David Mamet, Lydia Millet, Louis Theroux, and Hermenaut's
regular contributors -- to Erik's friends and acquaintances.

If you've never heard of us, Hermenaut is a journal of philosophy and pop
culture published in Boston, Mass. -- we've been described by Wired
Magazine as "a sounding board for thinking folk who operate outside the
ivory tower," by The American Prospect as "a freelance department of
philosophy," and by the Boston Phoenix as "a refreshing challenge to the
cultural orthodoxy of self-conscious advertising, unexamined hipness, and
empty cynicism."

So, here's the deal. I'll send you a free copy of the new issue (I promise
never to follow up with any salesman-like communications) if you do the
following two things:

1) Tell me a little bit about who you are and what you do.
2) Send me your mailing address.

This is a while-supplies-last kind of thing, so if you're interested,
please get back to me quickly.

Thanks,

Josh Glenn
editor, Hermenaut

****

Hermenaut is a (print) journal of philosophy and pop culture
     write us: 179 Boylston St., Bldg. P, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130-4544
     e-mail us: editors@hermenaut.com
     get information: info@hermenaut.com
     visit our Web site: http://www.hermenaut.com
     call us M-F, 10-6 EST: 617.522.7100