hipheks on Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:41:26 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] INFOUPDATE GBG 2001

GBG 2001
Gothenburg, Sweden • June 14-16, 2001
I N F O U P D A T E

"We presume that you all have know, or at least have
heard, about the events that are going to take place in
Gothenburg on June 14-16. Not only do we have the
meeting between different Prime Ministers of the EU
but also the president of the United States, George W.
Bush will pay us a visit. The left-wing movement in
Gothenburg has arranged a variety of protests and
actions against those, some announced in advance,
while others are not."
FROM: http://motkraft.net/gbg2001/ (in english)

or

"We protest against the undemocratic EU and we say
"No" to giving neo-liberal politics, in the form of the
European Monetary Union, the dignity of constitutional
law. We oppose the transformation of the public sector
and our environment into nothing more than market
commodities. We oppose the militarisation of the EU,
racism and the construction of a "Fortress Europe". "
FROM: http://www.gbg2001.org (in Scandinavian
languages, enlgish, french, german)

or

http://sweden.indymedia.org (in swedish, and we are
working hard on translations! into enlgish and french!)
-  24 hrs newswire of GBG protests, discussions, and
information about mediaaccess.

Be the media.

written by Sara Platon
-ASCII member and imc-activist in GBG