Steve Dietz on 19 Mar 2001 18:18:39 -0000

[Nettime-bold] RE: <nettime> Carl Loeffler (was: net art history)

R/T+,
Loeffler did die. Just before Feb. 7. Besides founding art com, he
also helped organize a conference in 1980 at SFMOMA called Artists'
Use of Telecommunications. Anna Couey has a good article about his
work and related pre-web telecommunications art and there is an
archive of some of the online texts at:
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/listservs/pmc-talk/essays/artcom.mai
lart

sd