S. Kritikos on 17 Feb 2001 19:36:35 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Usenet archives sold?

--- Craig Brozefsky <craig@red-bean.com> wrote:

> There are alternatives,
> and an important first step towards changing the world as a whole is
> to identify these alternative solutions to the particular problems we
> face day-to-day.

I agree with Craig here, the question is whether we can find some
organization such as FSF or CNRI to support it. Would we care 20 years
from now whether there are USENET archives widely and frelly available? I
think so but am not sure how we can go about to make it happen

One way might be as I suggested off the list is to work with an
organization such as ISTF.

Comments welcome

Regards
S. (Sam) Kritikos