Law on 9 Nov 2000 23:38:05 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Energy, Elections, and the Internet

Some number of people voted for Nader as a protest, who would have
voted for Gore. So, Gore lost some votes to Nader. I think this is
confirmed by interviews and polls. Would you like to continue to argue
this is not true?

Arguing that Gore *should* have done better against Bush is specious.
It amounts to saying that Gore should have saved Nader voters from the
consequences of their vote.

Open your eyes to the fact that the US is so evenly divided between
Gore and Bush. This gives Nader supporters unprecedented sway. And,
they misused it. I agreed with much of Nader's platform, but I am
bitterly disappointed that he is not interested in progress, only
contention. Perhaps that was his attraction.

Maybe I'm getting concerned about nothing, the election is not over.

Jim