Phil Graham on Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:29:42 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Fwd: Letter to Thomas Klestil

At 08:56 PM 15/06/00 +0200, Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

>I hate this shit, but this is very typical austria, not Haider !!

How sad for you. I couldn't give a flying fuck whether you hae it or not. I
didn't write write it, nor did anyone in Austria. If you look at who did,
you will see a list of US professors mostly.

> >     particularly worried, to learn that Haider had brought yet another
> lawsuit
> >     for an alleged defamation of character: this is his right, and has
> become
> >     his habit. What we do consider extremely troubling is the
> willingness of
>
>And the outcome of this particular case is just the opposite side of this
>very special european sensibility in nazi things. Including germany and
>france. Every word counts...

What's that supposed to mean - "every word counts"? What is "the opposite
side of this sensibility" ? Insensibility? Frankly, can you blame people
for being especially sensible to totalitarian regimes in Europe? Do you
think totalitarianism's all over and done with there?

>Heiko

Phil