Molly Hankwitz on Sat, 9 Jul 2016 17:39:36 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Fwd: [SALT] Digital inevitabilities next THURSDAY July 14

.
I'm wondering what nettime will do with this

Begin forwarded message:

From: Stewart Brand <sb@longnow.org>
Date: July 8, 2016 at 11:05:38 AM PDT
To: SALT list <salt@list.longnow.org>
Subject: [SALT] Digital inevitabilities next THURSDAY July 14

We’re at just the beginning of the beginning of the digital world for humanity, says Kevin Kelly.  But some deep trends have already emerged that can reliably be conjured with and braced for.  Kelly calls them inevitable.

The internet was inevitable, he says, but Wikipedia was not.  Smart phones were inevitable, the iPhone not.  The twelve deepest trends he lables: Becoming; Cognifying; Flowing; Screening; Accessing; Sharing; Filtering; Remixing; Interacting; Tracking; Questioning; and Beginning.

Kevin Kelly is the author of Out of Control, New Rules for the New Economy, Cool Tools, What Technology Wants, and now, The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future.  He is one of the founding board members of The Long Now Foundation.

[NOTE: Different venue this time!  We’re back in the renovated and great Herbst Theater on Van Ness, just a couple blocks from our usual SFJazz.]

"The Next 30 Digital Years," Kevin Kelly, the Herbst Theater, Civic Center, San Francisco, 7pmThursday July 14.  The show starts promptly at 7:30pm.

To be sure of a seat:
 Long Now Members can use the discount code on the Kelly Seminar page to reserve 2 free seats.
 You can purchase tickets for $15 each.
• Seminar at the Herbst Theater 401 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco CA 94102
 Tune into the live audio stream for Long Now Members at 7:30 PT - become a member for just $8 a month.
Share this talk:
Kevin Kelly, "The Next 30 Digital Years" Long Now talk on 7/14 http://goo.gl/8R6MDw

Talks coming up:

High-quality videos of the talks and other benefits (such as priority tickets) are available to Long Now members.  Membership, which starts at $8/month ($96/year), helps support the series and other Long Now projects. Joinable here.

This is one of a monthly series of Seminars About Long-term Thinking (SALT) organized by The Long Now Foundation. Free audio and my summaries of all previous talks are available for download here (or stay up to date with the podcast here). You'll find a range of long-term thinking items on our Blog (RSS).  If you would like to be notified by email (like this one) of forthcoming talks, go here to sign up online. Any questions, contact Danielle Engelman at Long Now -- 415-561-6582 x1 or danielle@longnow.org.

You are welcome to forward this note to anyone you think might be interested.

 --Stewart Brand  sb@longnow.org

--
The Long Now Foundation -- http://longnow.org/
Seminars & downloads -- http://longnow.org/seminars/