Kate O'Riordan on Wed, 25 Nov 2015 17:39:49 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Sussex Humanities Lab Inaugural Lecture: Jonathan Sterne, Lorna Huges, Caroline Bassett

.
The Sussex Humanities Lab team warmly invite you to our official opening event in London.

Speakers:

Lorna Hughes, Professor of Digital Humanities, University of Glasgow

Jonathan Sterne, James McGill Chair in Culture and Technology, McGill University, Montreal

The Lectures will be followed by a drinks reception.

Caroline Bassett, David Berry, Tim Hitchcock, Sally Jane Norman, and Rachel Thomson, Director and Co-Directors of the Sussex Humanities Lab, and the new Sussex Humanities Lab researchers, look forward to seeing you.

The Sussex Humanities Lab is dedicated to developing and expanding research into how digital technologies are shaping our culture and society, as well as the way we go about our research. The lab draws on expertise from diverse fields including philosophy and information technology, history and archaeology, media and communications, music and performance technology, and sociology, to ask questions which have always been at the heart of the humanities.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sussex-humanities-lab-inaugural-lecture-registration-19183971776