Steven Clift on Sat, 14 Mar 2015 19:38:33 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Fwd: UK YourNextMP Update - An engine for open data on candidates, social media links

.

See update below and the site:
http://yournextmp.com

Start crowd-sourcing on candidate links. Lots to fill out on candidates with only a few data fields and no social media links yet. Making candidates more accessible is a real win with this effort. Note all the emerging data uses in the update below.

Join their online group to get involved:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/democracy-club

Follow on Twitter:Â http://twitter.com/democlub

If you are outside UK and want to explore spreading use of this code (uses Poplus components) to your area, join here: http://bit.ly/poplusgroup And note: http://poplus.org And: https://github.com/mysociety/yournextmp-popitÂ

Read on below - Steven Clift

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Democracy Club" <yournextmp@democracyclub.org.uk>
Date: Mar 7, 2015 8:14 AM
Subject: Thank you for all your help!
To: "netclift" <clift@e-democracy.org>

Dear netclift,

Weâre emailing to thank you for your contributions to YourNextMP. We now know about an incredible 3,339 candidates (80% of the 2010 total) and this would have been impossible without the contributions of volunteers such as yourself.

YourNextMP is unique in being open and free, its license means that others can build on the data to build amazing things. Itâs also unique in having an API that allows other people to easily re-use the data in their own projects and keep up to date. These mean that your contributions can have the sort of impact we hope for - for every voter to have an opportunity to know who their candidates are and what they believe in.

Here are some of the current users of the data that we know about so far

and we expect many more in the run up to the election.

Tell your friends about the site, build amazing things with the data. We hope that you can keep contributing! If you have any ongoing questions about YourNextMP, please email the Democracy Club Google group, linked at the bottom of this email, or hit reply.

Thank you,

Sym, Mark and the rest of the YourNextMP & Democracy Club team

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/democracy-club