BLICK | online publication displaying interviews with berlinerpool artists on Thu, 23 May 2013 17:19:47 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Marcelina Wellmer in interview with BLICK

.

BLICK | berlinerpool

Tracing the organic changes of BERLINERPOOL physical artists' archive.
INTERVIEWS | ABOUT | CONTACT | FACEBOOK

BLICK introduces Marcelina Wellmer, a multimedia artist from Poland, who expresses herself through the exchanges between technology, people and random situations. She explores our society through these relationships in different media, sound and architecture, altogether creating a complex interactive environment.

ERROR 404 502 410

Cecilia Caliari: In your work, you put analog and digital together, the virtual world and physical one. What does this perception mean for you?

Marcelina Wellmer: For me perception is not only about what we can hear, see, smell and touch. First and foremost perception is formulated in our mind in form of expectations from reality. We have some programs in our head that try to predict things and at the end we can be really surprised by works of art because they’re doing something different than we expected. So for example, in my series “RGB” lots of people were very interested and also irritated about what the real object was; what was actually painted and what was projected ...

To read the entire interview visit BLICK website

ABOUT | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | Cooperation partners: BERLINERPOOL | MONDAYNEWS

BLICK interviews are send via mondaynews mailing list. To change your settings chose one of the links below.

To subscribe to mondaynews click this link or to forward mondaynews to a friend click this link
Add news@mondaynews.net to your address book or safe list to avoid junk filters
To update your subscribtion preferences click this link this link
To unsubscribe and stop receiving mondaynews emails click this link this link