BishopZ on Mon, 24 Oct 2011 07:29:20 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> The Wikimedia Foundation is pleased to announce the October 2011 Coding Challenge.

.

October 2011 Coding Challenge

CodeChallengeLogo text.svg
The Wikimedia Foundation is pleased to announce the October 2011 Coding Challenge.

Our goal is simple. We want to find great coders who are also committed to the Wikimedia vision: a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We have selected coding challenges that we believe are exciting and achievable, and will be useful to Wikipedia users worldwide.

Grand prize winners for each challenge will receive an all-expenses paid trip to a Wikimedia event of their choice in 2012. Other winners will receive a certificate of coding excellence from the Wikimedia Foundation (a great addition to anyone's CV.)

Contest entries will be accepted until November 7, 2011, 23:59 UTC. Code must be uploaded to Github, Gitorious, or MediaWiki and must be fully open source. See the rules and the FAQ for details.

Got a problem? Email us at codingchallenge@wikimedia.org.