nat muller on Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:15:36 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Upgrade! Amsterdam 2.0: [The Graduates]

.

************************************************************************ *********
Upgrade! Amsterdam 2.0: [The Graduates]

When: Wednesday 27th September 2006 || 20.30h
Where: De Melkweg, Theaterzaal, Lijnbaansgracht 234 A, Amsterdam

| entrance free | | cocktails | |paraphernalia |

URL:www.melkweg.nl/upgrade

LIVE webcast: www.fabchannel.com

 *********************************************************************** **********
Upgrade! Amsterdam [The Graduates]

Each summer many promising young artists and designers bid their art academies farewell, and graduate. The third Upgrade! Amsterdam, scheduled September 27th, offers a stage to these new young "hotties" to pitch their work to a larger audience, under the scrutinising gaze of a panel of experts and art academy tutors.
Most of the installations will be on display during the program.

With customary cocktails, new Upgrade! Amsterdam paraphernalia, and pedagogically sound sounds from the good old academy DJ Beatnologic.

Presentations and Installations by:
| Dragana Antic (Piet Zwart, Rotterdam) I Sounds of Qualia |
http://pzwart.wdka.hro.nl/mdma/student/dantic

| Jonas Vorwerk (Willem de Kooning, Rotterdam) I Lightbox Sequencer |
http://www.beatnologic.com

 | Ralph Baecker (KHM, Keulen) I Nowhere/Datenfraesmaschine |
http://www.no-surprises.de

| Daan Brinkmann (KABK, Den Haag) I 16 Pillars |
http://www.daanbrinkmann.nl

Referents:

--

Upgrade! Amsterdam is a series of gatherings for and by new media aficionados, artists, geeks, media makers and breakers, and the generally curious. Point of departure is the premise: “No upgrade without a downgrade.”
Upgrade! Amsterdam is organised by Nat Muller & Lucas Evers, is actively hosted by De Melkweg, and kindly supported by VSB Fonds and Mondriaan Foundation.

 Upgrade! is an international, emerging network of autonomous nodes united by art, technology, and a commitment to bridging cultural divides. Since April 1999, a group of new media artists and curators have gathered in New York City. The first meeting took place at a bar in the east village with Tim Whidden & Mark River [MTAA], Mark Napier and Upgrade! founder Yael Kanarek.