Arthur Bueno on Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:06:40 +0200

Syndicate: 666

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:49:30 -0800
From: /m/e/t/a/ <meta@null.net>
Subject: 666

we surround ourselves with an animated webwork of complex, powerful, and
unseen forces that even the "experts" can't totally comprehend. Our
technological environment may soon appear to be as strangely sentient as
the caves, lakes, and forests in which the first magicians glimpsed the
gods.

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/2103/barcodes.html

http://patents.uspto.gov/cgi-bin/ifetch4?ENG+PATBIB-ALL+0+946309+0+7+25907+O
F+1+
1+1+PN%2f5%2c878%2c155

Ellen Ullman suggests that where programmers go, our culture is sure to
follow.

"We think we are creating a system," she writes. "But the system is also
creating us."

Arthur Bueno
V2_Organisatie Rotterdam
Eendrachtsstraat 10