Vesna Manojlovic on Tue, 8 Jun 1999 10:24:18 +0200 (CEST)

Syndicate: "Balkanization of Linux" ;)

[partly fwd; those who don't folow URLs - sorry ;)]

Source: http://linuxtoday.com/stories/6521.html

Editorial: Linux is not Red Hat
  Jun 5th, 23:16:31

 Contributed by Linux Today reader Arne Flones.

[...skipped...]

 Allow me to speculate of another future scenerio.

        Red Hat makes deals with software vendors X, Y and Z
        Soon we get X for Red Hat, Y for Red Hat and Z for Red Hat.
        Caldera hurriedly counters with deals with software vendors A, B
        and C
        Soon we get A for Caldera, B for Caldera and C for Caldera.
        Debian responds with deals with J, K and L...

 Well, you get the idea. The balkanization of Linux becomes a reality.

[...skipped...]

:)