Slobodan Markovic on Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:32:27 +0200

Syndicate: Possibility of NATO ground troops deployment...

    More bad news... Either side in Kosovo conflict doesn't want to
    show good will for peaceful negotiations and stopping of military
    operations... Nither Yugoslavia, nither KLA, nither NATO. Hero of
    the day is Elisabeth Renn: "NATO ground troops will settle down
    the conflict". Hupfff... Mrs Renn obviously doesn't know that, in
    comparation with deploying ground troops, current situation on
    Kosovo is heaven's peace... Now to other news that catched my eye:

    ---

    Yugoslav Minister of Foreign Affairs, Zivadin Jovanovic, said on
    CNN's Larry King Live, that Yugoslav forces will not withdraw
    from Kosovo until NATO stops the aggression.

    ---

    Russian Minister of Defense, Igor Sergeiev, said today in Bonn
    that humanitarian catastrophe started when western countries
    cancelled OSCE mission on Kosovo.

    ---

    Nelson Mendela, the President of South Africa, requested today
    from western politicians to find peaceful solution to Kosovo
    crises. "I hope that the World will reach one point at which
    we'll realize that using brute force against any community
    is something that makes us close to animals... Why acting like
    butchers, when we can sit down and solve these problems",
    Mendela said.

    ---

    Political represent of the Kosovo Liberation Army, Hashim Tachi,
    refused any kind of "compromise" with Slobodan Milosevic. In an
    interview with French radio station RTL, Tachi requested
    continuing of current NATO actions against Yugoslavia and
    deployment of NATO ground troops on Kosovo.

    ---

    UN representative for Bosnia, Elisabeth Renn, called NATO today
    to deploy ground troops on Kosovo. "I know that sending ground
    troops is hard decision, but that's the only way to settle
    down the situation", said Renn to Reuters.

    ---

    Greetings,

            Slobodan Markovic   | http://solair.eunet.yu/~twiddle
            Internodium Project | http://www.internodium.org.yu