Slobodan Markovic on Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:59:46 +0100

Re: Syndicate: a message from Sarajevo

>Please don't be fooled with the propaganda that you are the victims,
>and the whole world has gone mad and attacks a little peaceful,
>sovereign country with no reason.

    With all respect to your suffering in Sarajevo during the war,
    I have to notice that some of your statements are complete nonsense!

    Yugoslavia IS little, peaceful and sovereign country (or to be
    precise - it was until now). Yugoslavia did not make an aggression
    on any other country, but WAS attacked by NATO (and that is clear
    violation of UN charter).

    My father is mobilized in army (AA defense) yesterday and why the
    hell I need to be nervous and worried? Because USA government cannot
    agree with Milosevic (for whom, like many Serbs, I didn't vote on
    any elections) and change his political opinion (which I still
    don't support) about Kosovo (which is still Serbian province and
    within Yugoslav borders).

    The logic (personification) you are using is TOTALLY wrong:

    Serbs = Serbia = Yugoslavia = Slobodan Milosevic = criminal(s)

    This is the same logic NATO and USA are using. That is what I call
    propaganda. Go on and read some CNN news reports on www.cnn.com:

    They mention "Serbian targets", but bombs fall on Montenegro.

    They are talking about "punishing Slobodan Milosevic", but his
    residence is not (even close) target of attack.

    They say "police actions on Kosovo must be stopped", but targets
    on Kosovo are only 1/16 of all targets.

    Rocketing water supplies in Belgrade yesterday or dropping bombs
    on Montenegrian symbol of national identity - city of Cetinje,
    will stop "Milosevic and his forces", right?

>This is just a climax of all the anger of the world towards the
>decade-long Milosevic's policy of genocide and war.

    Well, CNN didn't said anything about this... :-)

    BTW, do you *really* think this is the right way to solve any
    conflict or punish anyone? Making peace by starting a war?

    I really doubt. It can only make Milosevic stronger, things on
    Kosovo worse and people in Yugoslav cities extremely anti-NATO
    and anti-USA oriented (which is not the mainstream right now).

    Greetings,

            Slobodan Markovic   | http://solair.eunet.yu/~twiddle
            Internodium Project | http://www.internodium.org.yu