Andrea Szekeres & Adele Eisenstein on Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:42:31 +0100

Syndicate: Rerouting the Beograd Syndicate Spring Picni

Dear Andreas, Dejan, Katarina and other Syndicate friends,

>i still hope that, through some wonder, we will be able to meet in a
>peaceful belgrade next month, but this seems less likely than ever today.
Andreas, I don't know where this piece of information originated, but
someone from Beograd told me today that he heard that the bombing is
planned to go on for the next 3 weeks (don't ask me how anyone can possibly
know that)...

>talking to some other prospective travellers we said that, should the trip
>to yugoslavia be impossible, we should try and meet maybe in budapest
>during the planned days, 21-25 april, because this might be the closest
>safe place that is easy to reach for a lot of people. this meeting we could
>also use to try and give a public sign of the bonds of friendship that
>cross the real and virtual frontlines in europe. several people in budapest
>have already offered general support. - we should discuss this further in
>the coming days.
If you really decide (this question goes first to Dejan and Katarina) that
Budapest would be the best alternative, we (A2, + Andreas = A3) will help
as much as we can to organise what is necessary from here. If you would
like to bring the Cinema Rex YU video programme here, we can try to arrange
a good location, perhaps with the support of the OSI and CEU here.
We can also try to help with locating accommodations (how many people are
we talking about?), but we will not be able to finance that.
Let us know what is needed...

to be continued...
A&A