Jennifer De Felice on Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:40:18 +001

Syndicate: lurking in the minds of individuals

Syndicalists.....

A humble attempt to emerge from the Syndicate shadow....

A public notification of my gratitude to those that made the N5M
possible....

Writing to the list feels to me a lot like speaking in public which I
really don´t like doing...but I promised to make an effort...so here
goes...

The ad-hoc syndicate meeting at the N5M turned out to be a
constructive although slow-moving one. In fact someone mentioned
that it was one of the most interesting debates that heard in
ages. Not that there were any conclusions reached....one thing is for
sure being included in NATO is not the sign of a border shift between
east and west, which was implied in jest...maybe as far as
international foreign policy and military intervention is
concerned...borders...interestingly enough I find the "no border"
campaign a little in contradiction to the "anti-multinational
campaign". I´m not brave enough to make overt statements about the
repercussions of a rally for borderless-ness but that utopian
statement can be misinterpreted as freedom not merely for refugees
and immigrants but for those same multi-nationals whose activity we
are so adamant about protesting. I´d be curious to see a list of how
many policies have been made to benefit trade and commerce between
the CZ and the EU in order to ensure there entrance ticket to the
EU. How many companies in the EU now own the smaller factories and
control the employees payrolls? Borderlessness isn´t what I want to
see...I want to see better immigration policies and support systems
for refugees. Who´s party at the border is it anyway.

Jennifer

p.s. victory.
the proposed law to ensure inheritance and social security
rights to same-sex partners in the Czech Republic was accepted this
past week!