andreas broeckmann on Sat, 23 Jan 1999 11:37:35 +0200

Syndicate: Call - Conduit Festival, Austin Texas

http://www.conduitfest.com

Deadline Feb. 15, 1999

CONDUIT DIGITAL FILM AND GAMING FESTIVAL celebrates the convergence of
various media and computing technologies by offering a showcase of cutting
edge digital technology from around the world. Entering its third year of
innovative programming, Conduit has featured shorts, animations, digital
features,
music videos and will spotlight computer games in '99!

CONDUIT will showcase these highly original works in a cinema setting
utilizing a digital projector. This celebration includes panels, Q&A
sessions, screenings and parties featuring electronic music video
selections and live performances.

PROGRAMS

Computer Game: Any full motion video sequences from computer-gaming will be
considered. We are looking for interesting high caliber animation done as
cinematic intro, outro, interstials, trailers, demos, tests or personal
projects.

Shorts: digitally manipulated or produced shorts of any genre.

Features: Digitally-produced features and documentaries over 60 minutes.
Conduit.98 premiered the digital feature, THE LAST BROADCAST

HOW TO SUBMIT
Please fill out our SUBMISSION FORM, print and send it in with your preview
tape.

Entries must be submitted on 1/2" VHS. Cassettes must be standard speed,
NTSC or PAL. Preview tapes will NOT be returned. There is no entry fee.

Please mark the tape and case with the title of your film, running time,
your name and contact information.

Each film or video must be accompanied by a completed entry form.

Please send preview tapes to:

CONDUIT DIGITAL FEST, 906 E. 5th St. Suite 103, Austin TX, 78765, (512)
485-3147

Selection is at the discretion of CONDUIT. Final delivery will be required
on BetaSP along with a request for supporting materials. Selected work will
be included in the relevant program, and be shown at CONDUIT events. By
submitting a work, you agree that selected stills and film clips [not more
than 2 minutes long, or 2/3 length of original piece, whichever is shorter]
may be used for Festival publicity and related materials [including
brochure, poster, and cd-rom]. All legal rights and copyright remains with
the producer of the work.

We cannot be responsible for loss or damage through the post or handling.

CONDUIT.3 Submission Form

Name:

Address:

City/Country

Postcode:

Telephone:

Fax:

Email:

SUBMITTED MATERIAL

Title of work:

Country of origin:

Running Time:

Year completed:

Premiere: US ( ) Texas ( ) World ( )

Category: Feature ( ) Short ( ) Feature ( ) Computer Game

Other screenings, awards, festivals:

Describe tape/film formats used:

Hardware used:

Software used:

Please describe the production process and tools used through completion:

PRODUCTION CREDITS

Director:

Producer:

Cinematographer:

Screenwriter:

Editor:

Sound Design/Composer:

Cast:

*For Computer Game sidebar entries, please include info such as: animators,
programmers, designers (character design, interface, environment, sound,
etc)

Print Source/Production Company (if any):

Financed/Commissioned by:

Please attach a brief synopis of your entry and relevent bio's.

I have read the submission guidelines and accept its terms and conditions.
I understand that I retain all rights to this work, and agree to allow
CONDUIT DIGITAL FEST to use the submitted material for screening, and
selected clips and images for related publicity.

Signature:

          katie salen
          assistant professor of design
          department of art and art history