ike stubbs on Thu, 14 Jan 1999 00:02:22 +0000

Syndicate: RUNNING OUT OF TIME

Dear Friends

Hull Time Based Arts is re-locating to a new building in Hull enabling
better resources including a modest laboratory/gallery /research space and
improved public access.  Following a recent special planning day at Hull
Time Based Arts, we are now considering making our currently annual ROOT
(Running Out of Time) Festival of Live and Time Based Arts, bi-annual.

ROOT takes place at the end of  October.  Centred in Hull, England, many of
the works are co-produced with other organisations nationally and
internationally.  And as in previous years we wish to continue to
collaborate in the realisation of many of these projects with you, our
partners.

It is for this reason that I am asking your views on whether the ROOT
festival is best placed in October (dark for outdoor projection/students
back to college/not too close to xmas) and also what you whether ROOT is
better as a annual or bi-annual event.

Recognising that there are many media art events and festivals throughout
the year it maybe usefuol to check dates and timeings between us as far in
advance as possible, especially those in the UK and Europe.

I would also like to take this opportunity to bring your attention to this
year's festival; TOOT - Totally Out Of Tune, a cross section of
contemporary art and music- reflecting the merging of popular and high art
forms, the raw and the recorded, discourse and discord, artist's working
with or in relation to sound - be that live performance, recordings, on
-line, radio, analogue, digital, acoustic, visual, oral, aural.

HTBA is still open to programme proposals for ROOT 99, collaborations.  We
are also considering what ROOT 2000/01 might be and open to suggestions.

I look forward to your response (however brief)

best wishes for 999

Mike Stubbs
Director HTBA

Hull Time Based Arts is one of Europe's leading commissioners of live and
new technology arts, supporting the development of innovative new work
through it's Avidlab digital imaging suite, technical and administrative
assistance, exhibition  and touring programme.

Contact HTBA for details of Avid training courses and equipment hire.

Hull Time Based Arts * 8 Posterngate * Kingston Upon Hull * HU1 2JN * UK

t: 01482 216 446
f: 01482 589 952
htba@htba.demon.co.uk

http://www/htba.demon.co.uk/