Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:45:07 +0100

Syndicate: Amorph!99 international Performance Festival

Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 17:36:35 +0200
From: Stig Baumgartner <stig.baumgartner@kuva.fi>

         Hello I am sending you some information about Amorph!99 -
international Performance Festival, a festival which will take place in
Helsinki, Finland, on the 27th, 28th and 29th August 99.
Don¥t forget that the deadline is on the 15th February 99 and please do
forward this to people you know who are interested in performance/live art.

Happy New Year
and best regards

from Stig Baumgartner

                CALLING FOR SUBMISSIONS

                AMORPH!99 International Performance festival
                27th,28th and 29th August 99 - Helsinki, Finland

AMORPH!99 will take place on the 27th, 28th and 29th August 1999 in
Helsinki. We are looking for works for the festival. Please, send your
proposals for performances, live-installations or happenings until the 15th
February 99.
The venue for AMORPH!99 will be a new gallery of approximatly 200m2, called
ForumBox and which is situated by the seashore - a 10 minutes walk from the
centre, but performances are also welcome to take place in other places.

With your proposal send us a C.V and portfolio of some of your previous
works (laser copies,photos, c-tapes, VHS-tapes, etc; but do not send
originals nor slides -  portfolios won`t be returned).

                The grass is always greener on the other side

                The greener side is the starting point for the
                performer. The creation of boundaries - be they
                cultural, national, or personal - is the
                reference point or frame we choose to be in. If
                the attraction of the other side is both
                a search for similarities and a challenge given
                by the unknown, could it be that art is reality
                made of the illusions we share?

                It is raining outside. I am walking in the street.
                Suddenly I notice that the shopwindow captured our
                reflection.

AMORPH!99 is an annual international performance festival and the only its
kind in Finland. It is produced by MUU ry - an artist association which has
been working with media arts, performance, video, environmental arts and
other experimental modes of cultural production. Muu ry owns a gallery and
is involved in many international art projects.

Curators:Stig Baumgartner and Rita Castro Neves
Producer:Erja V?yrynen, E.mail: erja.vayrynen@muu.autono.net
Deadline:15th February 99
Address:Amorph!99, Muu ry, Korkeavuorenkatu 43, 00130 Helsinki, Finland
Phone no.(Stig Baumgartner) +358 50 5834484
Fax no. (Muu ry) + 358 9 625376
E.mail:stig.baumgartner@muu.autono.net