Andreas Broeckmann on Sun, 8 Nov 1998 16:21:36 +0100

Syndicate: V2_East Newsletter 98/10

V2_East / Syndicate Newsletter 98/10

- Introduction
- Dates of upcoming events
- Updates

- General info about the Syndicate list
- Subscription

* Introduction *

Dear friends,

the good news is that it looks as though the next big Syndicate picnic will
be held in Belgrade in the spring. it'll be a few more weeks before the
precise dates will be announced, but there are plans to hold an event there
in march or april, and it'll be an opportunity for another one of those
syndicate excursions, tirana-style. stay tuned for that. very importantly,
it should be an opportunity for organisations in the region
(YU/RO/BG/BiH/HR/HU/...) to cooperate with the organisers in Belgrade and
get some of the participants of the Belgrade meeting over to Novi Sad,
Arad, Sofia, Varna, Podgorica, Sarajevo, Zagreb, Skopje, Athens ...

the bad news, which you have seen, read and heard about, is that the
political situation in Belgrade remains extremely tense. the very
livelihood of people in the independent media and cultural sector is being
threatened by new laws that reprimand anything but the government's truths.
it would not be the first time that a government uses the opportunity of
external pressure for an internal clamp-down on oppositional groups. but if
at all possible, i would like to go for that first spring walk in Belgrade
anyway.

the administration of the list has been a bit turbulent in the last week,
due to an as yet unexplained crash of the whole list. we still don't know
whether this was an act of infowar or an accident, but it is a strong
reminder for the fragility of the infrastructure that we are dealing with
and communicating through. for the first time now, i am receiving the
forwarded messages of the list-owner: there are plenty of bouncing
addresses, time-outs and messages that are undeliverable, so you will have
to put up with some more list-management messages in the next days. the
more feedback you give on these matters, the easier it is to do things
smoothly. (if somebody is interested in helping with this, you'd be more
than welcome [thanks to dan for that message to javor]. i find this stuff
as boring as everybody else.)

the upcoming weeks are very busy, with lots of parallel events all over
europe. please, if possible, write longer or shorter reports about places
that you visit and things that you see - you all know how nice it is to
receive those impressions for other corners of deep europe.

for the moment, however: best wishes, and see you soon,

-a

* Dates of (some) upcoming events and exhibitions *
(check the archive at http://www.v2.nl/mail/v2east for postings about these
events)

- 31 October - 6 December 1998: surrogate, Karlsruhe/D
- 5 - 28 November 1998: Kino-Eye3: CyberCities, Antwerp/B
- 17 - 22 November 1998: DEAF98, Rotterdam/NL
- 18 - 22 November 1998: AVE Festival, Arnhem/NL
- 19 - 22 November 1998: Circles of Confusion 4, Berlin/D
- 19 - 21 November 1998: French-Baltic-Nordic Video and New Media Festival,
Tallinn/EE
- 20 - 21 November 1998: XIXth Locarno VideoArt Festival, Locarno/CH
- 25 - 29 November, 1998: Baltic Media Cultural Festival, Riga/LV
- 26 - 28 November 1998: SKIKT conference, Bergen/NO
- 3 - 6 December 1998: Festival of Film & New Media on Art, Athens/GR
- 4 - 6 December 1998: VideoMedeja, Novi Sad/YU
- 4 - 6 December 1998: In Between the Images, Graz/AT
- 9 - 13 December 1998: image|architettura in movimento, Florence/IT
- 14 - 17 January 1999: 12. Stuttgarter Filmwinter, Stuttgart/D
- 12 - 21 February 1999: transmediale, Berlin/D
- 12 - 14 March 1999: Next 5 Minutes 3, Amsterdam/NL
- 28 April - 2 May, 1999: WRO 99 - THE POWER OF TAPE, Wroclaw/PL
- 20 - 24 August 1999: At Home Abroad, Tabor/CZ
- 24 - 28 November 1999: film+arc 4, Graz/AT

* s u r r o g a t e, Karlsruhe/D
31 October - 6 December 1998

One Exhibition in Two Parts at Two Times
Recent Interactive Installations produced at
ZKM Institute for Visual Media
www.zkm.de/surrogate

One year after the opening of the Center for Art and
Media, the Institute for Visual Media presents surroGate,
an exhibition which chronicles its current position within
the productive domain where art, technology and society meet.

surroGate offers diverse models that communicate via a playful
mediated interaction between word, image and sound. Here
art proves to be a sensitive embodiment of new developments
that will ultimately encompass all facets of contemporary life.

surroGate describes new forms of expression and unfamiliar
spaces of experience. Visitors are invited to participate
and cooperate in network installations and interactive
environments, while at the same time they are confronted with
possible expository scenarios of societal processes.

* Kino-Eye3: CyberCities
A festival on the relocation of urban space
5-28 November (conference 20-22 November)

A Production of De andere Film/Centrum voor Beeldcultuur
Koninklijk Paleis, Meir 50, Antwerp (Belgium)

AGENDA

Thu 5 Nov.  20.00 City Symphonies: Metropolis (F. Lang)
Sat 7 Nov.  22.00 City Symphonies: Blade Runner (R. Scott)
Tue 10 Nov.  20.00 City Symphonies: Rain (J. Ivens), Images d'Ostende (H.
Storck), A Propos de Nice (J. Vigo), Rien que les heures (A. Cavalcanti)
Sat 14 Nov.  21.00 City Symphonies: Heat (M. Mann)
Mon 16 Nov.  20.00 City Symphonies: Menschen am Sonntag (R. Siodmak & E.G.
Ulmer)

CONFERENCE

Fri 20 Nov.  20.00 Scott Bukatman: 'The Syncopated City: New York and
Musicals' (lecture)
	     21.00 Utopia/Dystopia (video)
	     23.00 City Symphony: New York
Sat 21 Nov.  14.00 Saskia Sassen: 'Electronic Space and Power' (lecture)
	     15.30 David Blair: 'MetaTokyo' (presentation)
	     17.00 Mapping the City (video)
	     20.00 Edward Soja: 'SimCities: Hyperreality and the
Restructured Urban Imaginary' (lecture)
	     22.00 Virus/Surveillance (video)
	     23.00 City Symphony: Rudy Burckhardt (film)
Sun 22 Nov.  14.00 Christine Boyer: 'Crossing CyberCities' (lecture)
	     15.30 Closing debate
	     17.00 City Symphony: Dominic Angerame (film)
	     20.00 City Symphonies: Kino-Glaz (D. Vertov)

Mon 23 Nov.  20.00 City Symphonies: La Tour + Paris qui dort (R. Clair)
Fri 27 Nov.  22.00 City Symphonies: Berlin, die Sinfonie der Grossstadt (W.
Ruttmann)
Sat 28 Nov:  21.30 City Symphonies: Playtime (J. Tati)

KINO-EYE3: CYBERCITIES

"It is then that the great buildings lose reality and take on their magical
powers. They are immaterial; that is to say one sees but the lighted
windows. Squares after squares of flame, set and cut into the aether. Here
is our poetry, for we have pulled down the stars to our will." (Ezra Pound
on New York)

The birth of the modern city, the railroad and the cinema are - as any film
historian knows - intimately linked events. The geometric sublimity of the
city with its bridges and skyscrapers and the dynamic sublimity of the
train journey could only be rationalized via a cut up reality, the cuts and
close-ups of the cinema. To a large extent early cinema reflected the
experience of  the fl=E2neur, the city dweller who with every new passage
took in new constellations of bewildering images which he then later
(re-)constructed into a coherent, sometimes narrative whole. The close-up
disturbs the passage of time, freezes what is in permanent motion and would
otherwise remain blurry, chaotic, invisible. As Walter Benjamin has amply
demonstrated in his groundbreaking studies of early modernist experience,
both the narrative logic, the phenomenological reality and the technical
apparatus of the cinema are reflections of the caleidoscopic reality of the
metropolis. The past century has seen a countermove in which the city has
in its turn become more and more cinematographic, illusory, virtual. The
sweatshop production logic of industrial city life (the city of Dickens and
Dreiser) was replaced by the ethereal datalabor of uniform(ed) knowledge
workers, the polymorphous masses of the agora were replaced by the
standardized and hyper-transparent meeting place of the shopping mall,
human contact is induced via fiberoptic cables and the city loses its
material center. Postmodern urbanists like Jean Baudrillard talk about the
'hyperreality' of the city as 'pure simulation'. Cities like New York are
"vital, kinetic and filmic". While the city threatens to lose its meaning
as public space cyberpunk-auteurs like William Gibson dream of the
cyberspace matrix as a virtual reality version of Le Corbusiers Radiant
City. And it's not only in fiction that cyberspace is rediscovered as a
utopian urban space. While the Infobahn is essentially an anti-spatial
space, the traditional fora of urban life are easily transferred to the
ethereal dataspace. An interesting thing about the virtual city - the "city
of bits" - is that its spatial model can best be described as a condensed
infinity (Rem Koolhaas' "culture of compression"), an infinite space
without space, a meeting place with an infinite number of entrances. Just
as the early twentieth century dream of progressive urbanization, of the
city as final fullfilment of all democratic promise was corrupted by the
monopolization of public space, the dream of digital democracy is
threatened however by the corporate take-over and socio-economic control of
the virtual agora. Kino-Eye3: CyberCities will explore the relationship
between visual media and urban structures, between the disappearance of
public city space and the budding urban infrastructure (virtual libraries,
museums, theaters, bookstores, banks, shopping centers, ...) on the
internet. What can we learn from these new cohabitation models, from these
'cities of bits'? Is the city of tomorrow a hypnotic, vertiginous mirage
inspired by Blade Runner and Baudrillard or a concrete - albeit
anti-spatial - collective of conscious users?

Lectures: 150 BF
Video and film: 120 BF
Weekend price: 1350 BF
Cd-rom, internet and debate: free admission

Reservations:
Centrum voor Beeldcultuur
(32) 3-234.16.40 (tel.)
(32) 3-226.27.64 (fax)
asinema@glo.be (e-mail)
http://www.dma.be/cvb/as (website)

Location:
Koninklijk Paleis/Filmmuseum
Meir 50, Antwerpen
By car: parking facilities (Hopland, Oude Vaartplaats, Stadsschouwburg, St.
jacobsmarkt, Groenplaats, Eiermarkt, Lombardenvest, Oudaan)
Public transportation: tram =E9 (Hoboken/linkeroever), tram 15
(Mortsel/Linkeroever)

AS/Sinebase/Kino-Eye/TechnoLust
De andere Film v.z.w.
Meir 50
B-2000 Antwerpen
Belgium/Europe
0032-3-234.16.40 (vox)
or:0032-3-233.85.71
0032-3-877.44.88 (fax)
or: 0032-3-231.86.60
asinema@glo.be (e-mail)
http://www.dma.be/cvb/as

* 1. Symposium für Schwerdatenforschung Samstag, den 14. November 1998
INM-Institut für Neue Medien in Frankfurt/M.
Gabriele Gramelsberger Zum Stand der Schwerdatenforschung Joachim Peinke
Eine Methode wie man Rauschen und Deterministik trennen kann Martin Warnke
Size matters! Michael Klein V-real data Frieder Nake Daten-Dadaismus. Die
Aufspaltung der Wirklichkeit in Aktuales und Reales Hartmut Winkler Kalte
Datenfusion Thomas Bayrle Winzlinge aller Etagen vereinigt Euch! Otto E.
Rössler Schwerdaten â?? Leichtdaten â?? Weltbombe oder Wie gefährlich ist das
Interface
Naehere Informationen unter http://www.inm.de
Gabriele Gramelsberger INM-Institut fuer Neue Medien Daimlerstrasse 32
60314 Frankfurt Tel: ++49-69-941963-10 fax: ++49-69-941963-22
gabriele@inm.de

* DUTCH ELECTRONIC ART FESTIVAL - DEAF98
SYMPOSIUM - THE ART OF THE ACCIDENT

DATES:
Friday 20 November - Saturday 21 November , 1998
TIME:
Morning Session:10.00 - 13.00
Afternoon Session: 14.00 - 18.00
LOCATION:
Conference Hall, Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
Museumpark 20
3015 CX Rotterdam

INFORMATION:
DEAF98 c/o V2_Organisation
P.O.Box 19049, 3001 BA Rotterdam
tel: ++31-(0)10-2067275
fax: ++31-(0)10-2067271
e-mail: deaf@v2.nl

The DEAF98 Festival explores the productive potentials of rupture,
friction, instability and unpredictability. The 'ars accidentalis' embraces
malfunction and accidents as inherent to technology and integrates them
into the creative process. DEAF98 presents and discusses accidents and
their preferred environments in areas like art, sound, architecture, urban
planning, economy, and electronic networks.

The DEAF98 Symposium is a two-day conference that includes lectures by an
international panel of artists, theorists, trans-architects and scientists.
It initiates a productive dialogue about unpredictability and control,
perception and construction, non-linearity, dynamic environments, and
changing concepts of time and space. Social, political, artistic and
architectural discourses intersect on this interdisciplinary discussion
platform. (Symposium language: English)

SPEAKERS:

FRIDAY 20 November:
- Marcos Novak (USA): architect, writer, one of the first to take a step in
cyberspace
- Otto E. Roessler (D): scientist, is developing Endophysics as a  science
of the world as interface
- N. Katherine Hayles (USA): historian, has published widely about
experiences and the fate of the body in cyberspace
- Perry Hoberman (USA): media artist, inventor of playful and
accident-happy multi-user media art installations
- Greg Lynn (USA): architect, writer of 'Animate Form' and 'Folds, Bodies
and Blobs'

SATURDAY 21 November:
- Lars Spuybroek (NL): architect, building without horizon, where walking
and falling are entangled
- Knowbotic Research(D/A): artist group who build experimental network
interfaces for translocal urban environments
- Brian Massumi (AUS): philosopher, translator of Deleuze & Guattari's
'Thousand Plateaus' and theorist of a new topology of events
- Steve Mann (CND): artist, walks around with a camera, putting his
environment online on the internet
- Detlef Linke (D): neurologist, published several texts on ethics, coma,
brain death, personality and brain chips

MODERATOR:
- Bart Lootsma (NL): architectual theorist, historian, writer

* BALTIC MEDIA CULTURE FESTIVAL
November 25-29, 1998, Riga, Latvia

The festival programme contents various events - such as:

XU
[xchange unlimited] - annual international new media festival
"art+communication-3" organised by E-LAB
in collaboration with
BIN
[baltic interface net] - 2nd conference on cultural collaboration and
networking in Baltic Sea region
and
BALTIC PARTY
audio-visual-public presentation of the idea to establish Digital
Culture centre in Riga.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * X U * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*XU - art+communicationIII
is third international new media conference organised by E-LAB /Electronic
Arts and Media Center/ in Riga. This year 'art+communication-3' event with
the title "Xchange Unlimited" focuses on such topics:

>> inter-fund - the aim, models and structures
             -> how to develop international self-supporting platform
                for innovative and creative projects and research
                in new media field / -> how to support small scale
                artists-run spaces and individual initiatives /
	      -> access to fundings instead of 'growing your own capital'/

>> establishing of the digital culture centre in riga -
                e-lab in co-operation with other independent
                organisations and projects (Casablanca2000, Locomotive,
                Sloka Sound System/ELAST, OPEN-London, TI, etc.)...
             -> the presentation of the concept will be presented not in
                conference only but also in 'real space' at the exhibition
 		  hall ARSENALS in the event called  BALTIC PARTY

>> net.radio conference+workshops
	      -> "Xchange" meeting: about the developing real
                audio servers' networks
             -> live session: real audio + video transmission in internet,
                radio experiments, etc.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * B I N * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

BIN - Baltic Interface Net
	-> 2nd BIN conference on cultural network development in the
	   countries around the Baltic Sea will bring together
	   representatives - artists administrators, officials, employees
	   and others - from 11 countries.
	-> BIN meeting will focus on both levels - a practical organisational
	   (structure and projects) and on a a political level (preparing for
	   the 4th conference of the ministers of culture from Baltic Sea
	   countries in Gdansk 1999).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * I N F O * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

XU PARTICIPANTS:
  tbc:
  Eric Kluitenberg (Amsterdam, NL), Heath Bunting (London-Banff, UK-CAN),
  Pit Schultz (Berlin, D), Zina Kaye (Sydney, AUS),
  Jutempus (Vilnius, LT), Yvanne Faught, Susan Kennard (Banff, CAN)
  Hanno Soans (Tallinn, EE),
  Thomax Kaulmann (Berlin, D), Diana McCarty (Budapest, HU)
  Locomotive (Riga, LV), Luka Frelih (Ljubljana, SLO),
  Ilze Strazdina (Riga-London, LV-UK), Armin Medosch?, Lisa Haskel ?,
  Manu Luksch?
  and many others ? are welcome... :)

ORGANISED
[XU] by:		E-LAB
[BIN] by:		Goethe Institut Riga in co-operation with E-LAB
[Baltic Party] by:	Casablanca2000 and E-LAB

EVENT SUPPORTED BY:
  Goethe Insitut Riga, Swedisch Institut, Latvian Ministry of Culture,
  Riga City Council, Latvian Culturalcapital Foundation, Soros
  Foundation Latvia, and others.

WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE!
  contact: <e-lab@re-lab.net>
           or Rasa Smite <rasa@parks.lv>
  www: 	http://re-lab.net/xu [xchange unlimited] (not updated yet!)
            	http://xchange.re-lab.net [xchange network]
            	http://www.baltic-interface.net [baltic interface net]

*  1st International Festival of Film and New Media  on Art
2-6 December 1998, Athens

By seeking new experiences the Festival blends technological  innovation
with emerging forms of creation.   This year´s eclectic selection is
composed of creative  documentaries and cd-roms on the most domains of art
that challenge a tradition  of research and renewal.

18 countries participate with films on  Gilbert and George, Panamarenko,
Felice Varini, Carlo Scarpa, Guggenheim Bilbao,  Notre Dame d¥Amiens, V28,
Rosas Danst Rosas, Christo, Zaha Hadid, Albert Camus,  Gaudi, Guy Bourdin,
Shostakovitch, Alberto Camesi, Costakis, Vladimir Merta,  Akira Kurosawa,
Yiannis Tsarouchis and many others.

19 cd-roms from 13 countries will be presented on a special  designed
installation at the Fine Arts School of Athens. Among them are: MAUS,  LE
LOUVRE COLLECTIONS AND PALACE no2, LE CRI NEERLANDAIS, REGISTROS DE
ARQUITECTURA, TECHNOPHOBIA, ITALIAN DESIGN:THE PLAYERS ON CD-ROM, SCRUTINY
IN  THE GREAT ROUND, FAMILY FILES, TOMMY THE INTERACTIVE CD-ROM, LEONARDO
DA VINCI  CD-ROM, THE HOUSE, I.D. INTERACTIVE DESIGN REVIEW,TOMATO,
IMPROVISATION  TECHNOLOGIES ZKM and many others.

Lectures on cinema on art and multimedia on art will be held  for two days,
5/12 and 6/12 noon to 17:00, with guest speakers from Louvre,  Centre
George Pombidou, Arts Council of England, ERT, Funny Garbage, Antirom,
YLE, VPRO, EYE magazine, Media Desk and Mediamatic.

For any more info:
PR office
01-7520064
fax 01-9242407
Mr. Chrisostomos Chalkidis
http://www.filmart.gr

Yiannis Skourogiannis
Director of IFFNMA
57 Archimidous
GR-116 36 Athens

* WRO 99 - 7th International Media Art Biennale
April 28th - May 2nd, 1999 // Wroclaw, Poland

<>International competition for video art
<>Curated programs:
	#THE POWER OF TAPE - screenings and retrospectives with various
	art forms created for the tape in XX century
	# exhibitions
	# live tv and net events
	# performances & miscellaneous activities

WRO 99 printed announcement included entry forms available from mid
November.
WRO 99 new web site www.wro.art.pl will be started in the third decade
of November.

WRO 99 International Competition is organized by Open Studio and new
founded WRO Center for Media Art Foundation.

Piotr Krajewski, artistic director
Open Studio	 		tel./fax: (48 71) 342 26 91
PO Box 1385			tel. (48 71) 44 83 69
54-137 Wroclaw 16		email: wro@info.wcss.wroc.pl
Poland

* Updates *

* Kalina Bunevska <kbunevsk@soros.org.mk> writes:

You may see our Web TV report for the seven days of SEAFair '98 on
http://www.scca.org.mk/SEAFair98/webtv/index.htm

You may also see the pictures (with the possibilities
to browse by person or category) that we took during the Festival:
http://www.scca.org.mk/sf/pictures.dll

* Junction Reader Mail Order Info

The second V2_East/Syndicate reader, entitled "JUNCTION SKOPJE:
DEEP_EUROPE. The 1997 - 1998 edition", documents Syndicate related
activities from October 1997 - August 1998. It was edited by Inke Arns and
comprises a selection of texts,  reports and articles sent through the
V2_East/Syndicate mailing list. The Syndicate/Junction Reader was was first
presented in Skopje in October and is now available for ordering from the
V2_Archive.

The Reader costs NLG 16,-.

For postage, add:
- in Europe NLG 7,00.
- in the USA & other overseas countries: NLG 21,00 airmail (4 - 6 days) or
NLG 15,00 with Standard Mail (2 to 3 Weeks).

Payment:
- With Mastercard
- International Money Order from the postoffice
- a Eurocheque
- or Dutch Cash money (at your own risk).

If you prefer to transfer money or send a cheque, please inform us. This
costs extra money (between fl 6,50 to fl 20,00).

You can obviously also buy the reader directly at the bookshop in
Rotterdam, for instance during DEAF98.

info: <archief@v2.nl>, Peter Duimelinks / V2_Archief

mailaddress: Postbus 19049           shopaddress: Eendrachtsstraat 10
             3001 BA  Rotterdam                   3012 XL  Rotterdam
             The Netherlands                      The Netherlands

                            T: +31.10.206 7276
                            F: +31.10.206 7271
                            e-mail: peter@v2.nl
                            VAT: NL 96.89.102.B.01

* "Vide0party" <video@imprese.com> write:

Videøparty new address:
Immagine Leggera (international videoart + media + film) Festival
http://www.imprese.com/video

* Marta Smolikova <marta.smolikova@osf.cz>:

detailed information about Prague Indies Film Festival you can find at:
http://www.indies.cz/

* Olia Lialina <olialia@cityline.ru> writes:

I'd like to inform u that from now on
CINE FANTOM is at
http://www.cinefantom.org
i'm now updating information on films, videos, club and other events in
russian and english.

* fuchs-eckermann <fuchs-eckermann@t0.or.at> write:

We would like to introduce to you the SoundCalendar project

TRY OUT!  for Europe:
http://www.EARnet.org/soundcalendar/
for US, CAN:
http://www.umas.on.ca/soundcalendar/

* The Fort Sztuki Association opens its own IRC channel.

We are welcome all of interested in contemporary art subjects to
discussion on its general ideas as well on the Fort Sztuki 98 festival
topic. This year it was called �Letter - Word - Sentenceî and was
focused on text and linguistic form based art. More detailed info
concerning Association and festival you can find on our home page
http://www.fortsztuki.art.pl

If you are not IRCing and you don't know how to connect to channel #fort
and joint to our discussion, you can find instruction on our home pages
together with a link to free software supporting IRC channel.

We begin 30 October started from 6 p.m. Polish time (CET)

The next session of discussion we are going to launch 14 November, in
the same time. All the dialogues from the first discussion will be
archive and will be available on our home pages.

* VIDEOMEDEJA write:

http://videomedeja.opennet.org is now available.

VIDEOMEDEJA
Jevrejska 4/1
21000 Novi Sad
Yugoslavia
tel/fax: +381 21 621-308
email: videomed@fodns.opennet.org

* General Info *

V2_East is an initiative of V2_Organisation Rotterdam, which is aimed at
creating a network of people and institutions who are involved with or
interested in media art in Eastern Europe and which wants to create an
infrastructure that facilitates cooperations between partners in East and
West. With its 'Syndicate' mailing list, website <http://www.v2.nl/east>
and regular meetings, V2_East is becoming an important tool for fostering
ties within the media art community in Europe which makes it increasingly
obsolete to think in term of 'East' and 'West', and which will eventually
make the V2_East initiative itself redundant.

The Syndicate is a no-budget network initiative rather than an institution.
The Syndicate mailing list which is dedicated to an exchange of information
and ideas relating to the situation and future development of electronic
and media art in Eastern Europe. A Syndicate-mail archive for messages that
are coming in over the list (since April 97) can be found at:
http://www.v2.nl/mail/v2east/

The list members include more than 300 artists, curators, networkers,
writers, festival organisers, etc., from East as well as West European
countries and beyond, who, through the 'Syndicate', are trying to improve
the communication and cooperation between artists and organisations in East
and West. The list was first installed following the initial meeting of the
V2_East initiative at V2_Organisation in Rotterdam on January 21, 1996, at
the end of the second Next 5 Minutes conference. Other meetings were held
in Rotterdam (DEAF96, September 1996), Liverpool (LEAF97, April 1997),
Kassel (Deep Europe workshop, August 1997), Linz (Syndicate Net.Shop,
September 1997), Dessau (Ostranenie 97, November 1997), Tirana (Pyramedia,
May 1998), and Skopje (Junction, October 1998).

* Subscription *

To subscribe to the syndicate list, please, send a message to
<syndicate-request@aec.at> with the following text in the body of the
message: subscribe your@email.address
To unsubscribe from the syndicate list, please, send a message to
<syndicate-request@aec.at> with the following text in the body of the