lisa haskel on Thu, 4 Jun 1998 22:14:02 +0100

Syndicate: ISEA - international bursaries

dear syndicalists,
I recently received this information.  Note that international
bursaries are for Liverpool and Manchester parts of the symposium,
local/national bursaries for Manchester only.  I will endeavour to
find out how many bursaries are available and how/by whom decisions
will be made.

lisa

 DIVERSITY STATEMENT

> ISEA98 will bring together many leading artists, writers, theorists,
> activists, a nd provocateurs from around the world engaged with the
> artistic, cultural, social , and political implications and
> manifestations of electronic arts. The Departmen t of Fine Arts at
> Manchester Metropolitan University, organiser of ISEA98TERROR, makes
> a commitment to a diversity of voices being heard at the debate by
> offering  bursaries to those who otherwise could not attend.
>
> 1. INTERNATIONAL BURSARY PLACES are available to enable attendance
> at BOTH ISEA98 REVOLUTION, Liverpool 2-4 September, and ISEA98TERROR
> in Manchester 5-7 September  1998.
>
> TERMS
> To cover delegate fees in Liverpool and Manchester.
> To provide accommodation in Liverpool and Manchester.
> Any other expenses will be the responsibility of the recipient.
>
> ELIGIBILITY
> Specifically for those who are unemployed or on a low wage.
>
> 2. NATIONAL AND LOCAL BURSARY PLACES are available to enable
> attendance in Manche ster only 5-7 September 1998, i.e. at
> ISEA98TERROR.
>
> TERMS
> To cover delegate fees in Manchester only at ISEA98TERROR.
> A contribution towards child care is available to single parents.
> Any other expenses will be the responsibility of the recipient.
>
> ELIGIBILITY
> Specifically for those who are on a low wage or on means-tested
> benefit.
>
> 3. OTHER OPPORTUNITIES: Student Volunteers are welcome, particularly
> those involv ed in Electronic Arts, to help with ISEA98TERROR
> organisation in return for free attendance at the Manchester
> Symposium. Application should be made by letter or e -mail,
> outlining your institution, course, and reasons for application.
>
> HOW TO APPLY: Please forward a statement (100 words max.) outlining
> why you feel it is important that you should attend the symposium
> and why you require bursary support (preferably proof of status). We
> expressly encourage applications from un der-represented cultural
> groups.
>
> ACCOMMODATION: Single rooms at the Electronic Village in Manchester
> are available  especially for the Symposium at L.20 per night
> inclusive of VAT. We encourage eve ryone to stay at the Village
> which will form the focus for after hours events in its subsidised
> bar and offers 24 hr discussion space. Please indicate if you woul d
> wish to take advantage of this offer.
>
> ADDRESS FOR BURSARY APPLICATIONS: Applications should be sent to:
> ISEA98TERROR OFFICE, Marketing Matters, Southdene House, 16 Booth's
> Hill Road, Lymm, Cheshire, United Kingdom. WA13 ODI.
>
> e-mail: isea98@marketingmatters.demon.co.uk
>
> PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE ADDRESS FOR ISEA98REGISTRATION ONLY FOR
> BURSARIES
>

> RESERVED RIGHTS: The Symposium organisers decision on the awarding
> of bursaries w ill be final and will not enter into any
> [...]

Marketing Matters

Marketing Matters