Alexei Shulgin on Thu, 4 Jun 1998 19:02:18 +0100

Syndicate: [Fwd: Digital Culture in Europe, A Project Supported by the Council of Europe]

--- Begin Message ---
From:  MEDIACULT, International Research Institute for Media, Communication, and Cultural Development, Schoenburgstrasse 27 / 4, A-1040 Vienna, Austria

Date sent: 4 / 6 / 98

Re:  An Inventory of Centres of Innovation in "Digital Culture in Europe",
a project supported by the Council of Europe

To whom it may concern,

This is to inform you on our research project about "Digital Culture in Europe" and to ask for your co-operation.

MEDIACULT - International Research Institute for Media, Communication, and Cultural Development is undertaking a research project on behalf of the Council of Europe with the objective of stock-taking innovative organisations in the field of digital culture in Europe. The research aim is to construct an inventory of Centres of Innovation in the Arts and New Technologies in Europe.

The inventory is being made in the context of a working group of the Council of Europe on "Culture, Communication and New Technologies" and will result in a user-friendly publication and, we expect, a Website. The main objective of the inventory is to promote a pan-European Digital Culture and to develop and strengthen sustainable policies with regard to activities in the field of Digital Culture.

To be able to fulfil this task in a most efficient way we urgently need your support by providing us with information about your organisation and your activities, preferably by e-mail.  As first step, we would like to ask you to name us an appropriate contact person of your institution/organisation/group who is competent and authorised to provide us with information.  Next, we would like to ask you already now to send us all the physical description material available of your institution.

As we consider your participation most important for full and serious satisfaction of our task, please give us a first feedback in this matter as soon as possible.

PLEASE CONTACT US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely

Paul Murschetz
Research Associate

MEDIACULT, International Research Institute for Media, Communication
and Cultural Development, Schoenburgstrasse 27 / 4, A-1040 Vienna, Austria

email:  mediacult.research@ping.at
tel:  + 43 - 1 - 504 - 13 -16
fax: + 43 - 1 - 504 - 13 - 16 - 4

--- End Message ---