press . speaker on Wed, 6 May 1998 00:18:03 +0100

Syndicate: etoy.PRESS-RE-RELEASE - ALERT !!!!!!!ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

     Contact:
     press.speaker@etoy.com
     fax +1 619 534 7944

etoy.CORPORATE-EMPLOYEES APOLOGIZE TO ALL WOMEN AND ANTIFASCIST AND
ANTISEXIST WORKERS OF THE WORLD
-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-
          san diego, ca. -- etoy.CORPORATE-EMPLOYEES have realized our
mistakes and
would like to apologize.

WE ARE SORRY!!!

We have been afraid, very very afraid of you. That fishy smell, the
softness, the hair, the messiness. Emotions. Tears. It is too real. We are
trying to leave reality behind. Reality is a woman.

But after the famous May Day incident in which the etoy resistance
organization known as shetoys, a subsidiary of boytoy international,
including  shetoy.darren, shetoy.natalie, shetoy.rachel, shetoy.louis,
shetoy.liz and shetoy.laura among others, disrupted our performance, we
have learned our lessons and wanted to sent our heartfelt thanks to each
and every shetoy for shedding light on our mistaken ways.

Point by point below, you will find our renouncement of our misdirected ideals:
But first, please accept our most sincere apologies for having constructed
an image bigger and uglier than we could have imagined. An image that
projected an uncritical embracement of militaristic, corporate, sexist,
racist, fascist high tech culture.

We did not mean it!

We had no idea this is what we were doing!

We got caught up in the moment, the lights, the audience, the RAM.
We are only human. How could we not have gotten seduced by the possibility
of fame, processing power, and fortune? We were on our way to selling our
souls to the devil. But no longer.

Blinded by youth and ambition, we had not realized the full extent to which
our image has projected white Western racist associations. Once again we
would like to reiterate: we are prepared to mend our wicked ways. We will
shed our uniforms and grow our hair. Rid ourselves of our mirrored glasses
and donate our money to Planned Parenthood.

We are no longer the handmaidens of corporate culture. The love affair is
over. The cars, the cloths, the machines, the money, cellular phones. They
no longer matter. We are ready to assume a new critical perspective.  We
are victims, and we bear our scars like everyone else, born into a world
filled with television, computers and Hooters. We had no other models.
Besides of course fashion models. And they looked as perfect and hairless
and strong as our computers. So we sought this. But we have now understand,
and we are determined to reveal our weaknesses and vulnerability. We would
like to dance in the desert and roll up our army fatigues, kick off our
combat boots and go skinny dipping in the Pacific Ocean.

We did not realize that our heads, clean and shaven, look remarkably like
penises and could therefore frighten people who mistook us for seven
oversized walking erections. Although this must have been an exciting image
for some, we are terribly ashamed of having frightened many others,
particularly small children and those with heart conditions.

We are also sorry about getting so upset at the intervention of the shetoys
in San Diego. Let us try to explain:  When the women in blue suits jumped
on stage and began touching us during our performance, we got a bit
confused. But we remained firm. In fact the firmness spread to different
parts of our bodies. We didn't know what to do. We remained in control.
After all we are etoy. That is what we are. However, it went much much too
far when a man began to touch us. We are 7 men together, but we are not, we
repeat not, The Village People.  So, you see, we had to physically remove
ourselves and that man who touched us. We felt we had no other alternative.
We got very excited. Things got messy.
Some people got hurt.

For this we are sorry.

-+++--
"...those of us lucky enough to have interacted with them or their
mediations will never experience the woman-machine-network interface in
quite the same way again."

douglas rushkoff, new york times, author of "media virus"
-+++--

         __
   ___  / /_____  __  __    the etoy.CORPORATION       mailme@etoy.com
  / _ \/ __/ __ \/ / / /    investor relations:        invest@etoy.com
 /  __/ /_/ /_/ / /_/ /     press/media:        press.speaker@etoy.com
 \___/\__/\____/\__, /      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
               /____/       p.o. box. 3365 - 8049 zurich - switzerland

*** etoy, etoy.CORPORATION, etoy.LOGO, www.etoy.com, etoy.SHARES,
http://www.etoy.com/shareholder/,
etoy.SHAREHOLDER are registred trademarks of the etoy.CORPORATION. ? and
© 1998 etoy and its related entities and subsidiaries. all rights
reserved. any reproduction, duplication, or distribution in any form is
expressly prohibited. violaters of the rights of the trademark-owner
will be prosecuted to the maximum extent under law.

* DISCLAIMER: while every precaution has been taken in the preparation
of these documents, the author assumes no responsibility for errors or
ommissions, for misleading information, for dubious quotations, for
exaggerations, or for any kind of damages resulting from the use of the
information herein. etoy makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation
as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information posted herein, and
etoy assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use or misuse
of such information.

** we apologize for the inconvenience of this disclaimer.