Joel S Bachar on Tue, 20 Jan 1998 08:56:36 +0100

Syndicate: Blackchair Productions' "Independent Exposure" submission

Blackchair Productions' "Independent Exposure" Program

Seattle video and film artist, Joel S. Bachar founded Blackchair
Productions in 1992.  Due to the overwhelming lack of independent-oriented
screening venues, Blackchair Productions began the "Independent Exposure"
program in 1995.  This program, held every month at the Speakeasy Cafe has
gained an enviable reputation in the network of Micro-Cinemas around the
country as well as around the world.  1998 will begin the third year of the
program and it will be fully-funded by the King County Cultural Arts
Commission.  As a result, artists whose works are shown will be paid an
Honorarium, a gesture that is practically unheard of in the independent
film and video arts.  "Independent Exposure" is fast reaching a wider
audience by being hosted at other Micro Cinemas around the world. The
Knitting Factory in New York City and, most recently, the School of the Art
Institute of Chicago have graciously hosted the series.

 Arrangements are currently being made for screenings in Los Angeles, San
Francisco, Albuquerque, Boulder, Austin, Baltimore, Melbourne (Australia),
The Netherlands, France, Japan, and Thailand! Ultimately, Blackchair
Productions, through their "Independent Exposure" screening program and
other advocacy efforts, hope to expose and promote the independent video
and film arts to the widest audience possible.

For those interested, here is our Call for Works :

"Independent Exposure"
Blackchair Productions is accepting video, film and computer-art
submissions on an ongoing basis for their monthly screening program called
"Independent Exposure."  1998 begins the program's third year and we want
to include you in the show!

Artists will be paid an Honorarium!  We are looking for experimental,
erotic, narrative, subversive, animation and documentary works, but will
screen anything.  Submit a VHS, clearly labeled with name, title, length,
phone-number along with any support materials including photos!  Include an
SASE if you wish the work(s) returned.  We will get back to you!

Send submissions to: Blackchair Productions, 2318 Second Ave., #313-A,
Seattle, WA, 98121, USA.  Info/details: 206-977-8281, joel@speakeasy.org,
www.speakeasy.org/blackchair

We want international submissions!

Joel S. Bachar, Blackchair Productions
"Independent Exposure," Seattle Independent Film & Video Consortium
2318 Second Ave., #313-A, Seattle, WA 98121/phone: (206) 977-8281
http://www.speakeasy.org/blackchair/
http://www.lightlink.com/offline/SIFVC.html