marko peljhan on Mon, 01 Dec 1997 14:55:13 +1100

Syndicate: DEEP EUROPE MEETS DEEP OCEANIA

Dear colleagues,

this is just a short note from Tasmania, where I've had a lecture
(Eastern European Technological Arts Scene) and  presented a lot of
"unknown" web sites and talked extensively about the "deep europe"
issues, the workshop, made some illegal copies of the DE reader and
distributed URL lists and ZKP 4's, which are still abundant in
Ljubljana, so anybody interested to distribute them (sic!) should apply
asap to me, Vuk, or Luka.

The result:
deep australia and deep oceania was very much interested in the issues
and the variety of approaches taken by different authors and writers,
many of whom read this list, nettime and others.

there is an immediate need for:
- arround 30 readers (for the university, the library, the interested
deep tasmanians etc.)
- since I have been able to talk but not to show, there is a lot of
interest in the new video production, especially from territories of
former Yugoslavia (Bosnia, Serbia), Moldova, Albania, Romania and so on.
Deep Europe.

Is anybody working on a compilation of this work, is anybody cataloguing
it, because there is interest here and elswhere to show it in this
region, which has a lot of distribution potential.   So, please, Edi,
Kathy, whoever is working on this, if somebody is, please let me know or
just post some information on the list and we can later connect with
CAST here, which will take care of the rest. Of course, in exchange,
they are offering Tasmanian video.
A good reader to accompany the program would be most welcome.
And, how to get hold of the DE readers?

stop

This is just to let you know that it was an interesting encounter of
distant cultural practices and approaches which should start to
communicate more deeply and on a more regular basis.