Claudia Westermann on Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:00:10 +0200

[Syndicate] admin and else

So, you guys, all,

huiiii.......... there must be really bad weather in some parts of this
world.... ...that makes you sitting in front of the computer all the time
and providing us all with so many things to read and think about...
(please do not send weather reports, I am about to believe it.. )

a few things to say:

No, there is no moderation on this list. And Anna and I will not do any
moderation in future either. (see mail in old archives).
But I think it might be worth to think about funding for the client side
moderation tool. (  ;-) logic worked ).
We will see what we find out to make that possible. But so far one of the
next things I will do is, that I will put the filter information and links
that Amy has sent about week ago on the web page. If you have problems with
filtering, you can ask also.

The web page is in an interims stage. I talked to Jaka Zeleznikar and I
hope he will do at least some of the new web design and content. Anybody,
who is interested in helping or doing something is very welcome and might
write to me or to Jaka.

Anna already explained that we are running this list now on a different
system than majordomo called Sympa.
This is a change but has some advantages. You may have noticed that this
list is a lot faster now, for example.
In any case of trouble it might be worth to look at the web interface of
this list and check it out.

The web interface makes me think of a few other things. If you enter there,
you will notice that there are two terms: 'owner' and 'moderator'. This is
part of the system, but as I found out yesterday (Atle you better sit down)
it might be possible to change that. I am reading through the documentation
at the moment, but you have to be a little patient, because this doc has
many pages.
These above mentioned terms just mean that Anna and I have a different
access to the system in order that we can manage the list. So we will see
if we can change that into something like 'secretary' or 'librarian' for
example, which would express much better what we do here. If this list
belongs to anyone, than to the s*bscribers and 'moderation' we do not do
anyway.
We will also explain the admin stuff to anybody interested, because it also
could be done by different people in a weekly switch.

Anna mentioned a meeting and I think that is a good idea. So we might think
about meeting at the Ars (that's new to me, until now I never had the
feeling that I would miss something, when I would not go there).
Unfortunately this is in short time and I guess many people might not be
able to go there. I would suggest to do the meeting but to also provide all
the stuff discussed about there to all the other s*bscribers and if there
is something to decide not to do it before it is discussed on the list.

so far for now
Claudia