anna balint on Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:42:50 +0200

Syndicate: new location update

Dear list,
so far Atle Barcley offered the new location. He proposed the mailing list
manager sympa. If majordomo is a wheel, sympa is a car. But it seems to be
like an Alfa Romeo, with and excellent motor in it, but not so nice design,
and details not working properly. Atle is considering right now whether is
safe to move the list if he does not know when he is able to guarantee a
100% stable and secure service. He does not want to jeopardise this list
with downed services. He needs to test this with smaller forums than what we
are talking about here.
Till now we have agreed to start a new archives with a link to the V2
archives. It crossed my mind also that the whole V2 archives could be
mirrored in an East European location as well or to conceive a kind of
decentralised archives, eg. put it on a CD-ROM and distribute it to the
contributors, since there was no Syndicate publication since the Skopje
meeting.
Claudia is working on a new web page, no content is allowed so far to take
to the new location.
In my opinion if the list remains a meeting place for East and West
Europeans in the global context, if the discussion give shape to
collaborations and nomad workshops, it should be named Syndicate.
Please design it's future.
greetings,
Anna Balint