furtherfield on Sun, 26 Aug 2001 02:40:21 +0000

Re: Syndicate: those _were the days [ot]

Hi NN,

I do believe that trees are pleasant - but isn't hat old hat in your eyes.

I still reckon frontline is a kool name...

who's rewriting history - no one's got a damn clue what's going on anyway.
Until someone informs us of there own version. Is you version more important
than my version? It's all propaganda now...marketing of ideas and product.

And what's wrong with people missing what it was like - new does not mean
better, it just means different. I enjoy the experience of new technologies
but I am earthed as an individual, therefor capable of not falling into the
trap of just relying on thingslabeeled  new just because I am informed
such...

I do not wish for a monument, I wish for things to get more creative,
explorative, open minded, without borders, more collective - I just miss
that sort of thing. Is that a bad thing?

The constitution for this list needs to be rewritten, that will probably
open up more suggestions for a title/name. I have not seen that many
contributions so far.

I am also keen now for this place/list to get a new name (now, because I
have been told that that is the way). At present, there is a sense of limbo.
May be you can put forward some suggestions, or are you an administrator now
along with Anna & Claudia?

If I had a monument it would be a computer with an axe in the top, in a
large bucket of shit. With an image of a faceless user on the cracked screen
shouting (like the scream) in anxiety - 'I am no longer free.....'

marc garrett