furtherfield on Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:18:44 +0000

Syndicate: the NN programme...is old Art...

I did not want to comment or waste my time on this but it seems that I will
concede now - and put my head on the block like everyone else has been
doing.

The reason is that on rhizome I was attacked personally a few times by NN.
I answered thinking that there was an intelligent mind or brain at the other
end of the postings, but all I got in return was insults. Soon after that I
learnt that NN was a programme.

I am also unhappy about sending this e-mail because NN's protectors will
attack me also. A small gang of people who could do better by spending their
time not protecting their cyber - jerk (in crowd mob friends, programmers of
NN), and actually taking real responsibility and changing the world to be a
better place instead. I wish...

It seems to me that nn (the programme) has not been interested in other
people's imaginative offerings on the list - other to dish out insults.

NN - is not a human, therefor has no rights.
NN - feels no pain,  therefor has no rights.
NN - is a weapon designed to distract us, therefor has no rights.

SO wake up everyone - we are all part of a manipulation that is designed to
satisfy its programmer's egos.

I do not care what happens to NN, mainly because the programme has no
empathy for others.

All this discussion about whether the owners of the list are fascists is
absolute gibberish. Such negative comments to people who actually spend a
lot of their time maintaining it do not deserve such unfound empty headed
right wing rants.

It really pisses me off when you see people trying to do something worth
while and watching thugs slamming into them as though they are just dirt.
There is no conspiracy going on here other than some liberal, leftist
indivuals who quite rightly are worried about stopping freedom of expression
as an idea.

Who would you turn to in a time of need or of crisis? It certainly would not
be the whimsical NN.

The Syndicate list like many lists have gone through many issues, and this
does not warrant the attention.

There are far more urgent problems going on in the real world with real
people being bombed, maimed, raped - mostly by dysfunctional insecure males.
NN has that type of quality of which I will not miss (whatever sex it has
been allocated).

If there is a threat on freedom of expression - it is not on NN. It is on
the rest of us not being aloud to carry on exploring our own valid ventures
as living breathing individuals, who wish to develop further than a limited
programme that far out stayed its presence.

I would rather fight for a life than an idea, religion was an idea and look
how that  one is turning out for everyone on this small muddy ball that we
call earth.

Don't be fooled by the art project that us (the ginea pigs) have foolishly
become part of against our wills - for it will be documented and used
against us by the real tyrant(s) in the future - NN's programmers. Who like
cowards do not declare their real identities as we all do. As they collect
their rewards for being (oh so clever etc) for taking the piss out of people
who meant well, they will reap the rewards for our discomfort.

NN will be taken off the list - but not because of any undemocratic or
fascistic reason, but because NN is out of date and has served its purpose
and the one liner joke is wearing a bit thin now.

We have all moved on and are tired of the childish double feedback (boring)
emptiness that dominates the list by NN. Please wake up and realise that we
have been part of a cheap game and (seriously) nothing much more than that.

I take issue with one poster mentioning 'Brad Brad' as someone who has
caused trouble on listings. I have seen his postings - and I believe that he
has at least contributed to discussions via the process of creating
discourse that is aimed questioning the power that institutions possess over
others lives.

If NN is to stay - then please 'programmers' re-evaluate its purpose and
function. Make it question corporate isolationist companies that are ruining
peoples lives all other world right now. Go to their listings and bring the
content back here for all to debate and take part in. PLease do not let it
ruin well meaning debate on creative listings such as this - its not NN's
fault, I know that. I'll miss the playful language myself, Its the
questionable intentions by the ego-centric opinionated designers (that
should be here on this listing taking part in the debate themselves) behind
the function and the actions that I am concerned about, whom obviously are
not interested in other peoples expressive and creative freedoms.

Lets all move forward (for a change). That's if its alright by the few who
will no doubt send hatred e-mails to me for bothering to care about such
things.

Tonight Israel is sending tanks into palastinian territories - is NN going
to help sort that one out - doubt it.

(When American leaders fund Israeli assassinations of Arab leaders with
taxpayer dollars, those American leaders are complicit in those
assassinations, and since turnabout is fair play, U.S. leaders open
themselves up to their own assassination by the very demon of lawlessness
their Israeli partners in crime unleashed in the occupied territories.

Lest the U.S. secret police accuse this writer of advocating or apologizing
for the assassination of Americans, I will point out the obvious: all
assassinations are wrong. The spread of the contagion of Likud doublethink
in the U.S. has caused Americans to subscribe to the racist Talmudic/Zionist
double-standard that it is permissible, indeed perhaps even laudable, to
assassinate "sub-human" Arab goyim, whereas the assassination of the Chosen
terrorist Sharon or his patrons in the U.S. would be deemed a moral outrage
of the highest order by the guardians of public opinion in the West.)

Get a life - there's beautiful out there (what's left of it that is). To
continue arguing for and against NN's case would be a case of psychological
denial in dealing with issues at hand...

Best wishes to all progressive (humane) thinkers and creative liberationists
and anarchists who are causing nayhem where it should be, some where else.
Its possiblities are being wasted..

marc garrett