Tetsuya OZAKI on Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:01:00 +0900

Syndicate: ___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE ___

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O
_____10_08_2001_Fri_vol.38___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

Notice:
RT's English edition announces the renewal of its 'Tokyo Cultural
Links'! Up-dated since 7/27 are Music links including label, shop,
artist, and other interesting and informative sites.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks:
PHOTON - Iwai Toshio Technology Playground 2001

(2) "Composite" Editor Sugatsuke's Tokyo Culture Diary:
Volume 012

(3) Out of Tokyo, vol. 016:
Canon Artlab's 'Retreat' (Part 1)

(4) Tokyo Visitors' Book:
Patricia Piccinini

(5) Present of the Week:
"Innocent Bossa" CDs, invitations to 'Memento' and more!!

This week's RT Picks:
art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 39 events
including 12 new ones!  Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

Real-time Love
PHOTON - Iwai Toshio Technology Playground 2001
recommended by Nishimura Yoshiaki

The reason why I don't have any objections in terms of
kid-compatibility this time may be the work'd inherent real-time
qualities. Not a single time have I experienced a delay in
interaction or an interface that keeps its user waiting in
Iwai's work, like it's often the case during time-consuming
downloads from web pages. In his works everything functions
and responses vividly, like sensitive musical instruments...

Read more at http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0042-nishimura.htm

(2) "Composite" editor Sugatsuke's Tokyo Culture Diary

Just launched on the English page, here's volume 012 of RT's popular column!

text by Sugatsuke Masanobu

6/28 (Thu)

The third day of the shootings for Composite's 8/10 "Tokyo Celeb
Fashion" issue. Today we have Okina Megumi, Omori Nao, and Ikeuchi
Hiroyuki. The session in a room at the Capitol Tokyu Hotel starts
with Okina-san. She is slimmer than I had imagined, and has a
beautiful face with big eyes. Photo shootings of beautiful women
are exciting for the whole staff team, and everybody looks with
shiny faces at each new Polaroid.

Read more at http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/composite/sugatsuke.htm

(3) Out of Tokyo

RT Editor Ozaki Tetsuya's regular column, this time about the gradual
disappearance of central venues for media art.

Vol. 016: Canon Artlab's 'Retreat' (Part 1)

At the end of July I received a postcard from Canon Inc.'s 'Social
& Cultural Program Division,' announcing the office's move to a new
location. Giving up their centrally located Roppongi office, the
division's new home will be the company's HQ in Shimo-Maruko, Ota-ku,
explains the card. The card further carries a typical Japanese phrase,
reading "at this occasion we feel an even bigger motivation to
approach our duties with even stronger effort." But in reality this
is not how things work, and it seems like this move had in fact a
completely different effect. The two contracted curators of Canon's
"Artlab," Shikata Yukiko and Abe Kazunao, had to leave their posts'
at this occasion.'

Read more at http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki.htm

(4) Tokyo Visitors' Book

The 11th artist that was caught on her Tokyo visit is Particia
Piccinini, who came to town for her controversial exhibition of
beautiful female models and not so beautiful mice.

Read more at http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/

(5) Present of the Week

Again we've prepared lots of presents! We'd be happy if your
application comes with a little comment or suggestions concerning
our site. Please be aware that each present has a different closing
date, and that we send the winners their prizes without announcing
them publicly.

This time RT gives away:

"Innocent Bossa" CDs by Jun Miyake/Arto Lindsay
Invitations to a preview screening of 'Memento'
Invitations to 'Small Time Crooks'
REALTOKYO stickers (ten per set)

To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Please send your ideas and opinions to info@realtokyo.co.jp.
Three especially lucky readers who send us a mail will be chosen and
receive a little gift.

---PR------------------------------------------------------------

ad@realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad@realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to put banners in
the web site and mail magazine.  Banners will get lots of hits
from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information on
cinema, art, music, the theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

info@realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad@realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_ja.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.  Copyright 2001 REALTOKYO