Dis.][ap][posable Location Koder on Thu, 24 May 2001 05:31:25 +1000

Syndicate: [Text_On_line] Text Special Issue Two - Writing On-line/On-line Writing

The second of our feature pieces of On-line Writing has been launched.
Mary Anne Breeze, or Mez, as she is known on e-mail discussion lists
and sites of fine electronic literature all over the web, has composed
a piece which invites interaction and which plays with the traditional
structures of language. It intervenes in words, in syllables, morphing
and changing words by spatial arrangement, challenging the way we read,
but at all times engaging us with the thematic concerns of her
alphabetic acrobatics.

>di][e][lation manifesto-:-a sliver of the future f][br][eeder<
http://www.gu.edu.au/school/art/text/speciss/issue2/breeze.htm

Heather McHugh, at the ceremony for the announcement of the Electronic
Literature Organization's Literary Awards said each entry offered a
"taxonomic wonderment" in a field that  "had no centre, and the
circumference is nowhere".
Larry McCaffery said the new literature on the web was characterized by
having "aspects of narration, rather than narrative".