Wieland Hoehne on Tue, 08 May 2001 11:20:34 +0200

Syndicate: ( ( ( o ) )()o ) call for proposals

-------------------------------
Download Entry Form:
http://www.filmladen.de/dokfest
-------------------------------
ANNOUNCEMENT
This year's Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and Videofest will take place November 14-18, 2001. The Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and Videofest is a festival which aims at providing insight into current international documentary filming and video work. We intend to present critical, ambitious and entertaining documentary films and videos committed to both reports on current affairs and off-beat topics.
The video section of the Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and Videofest is also interested in experimental and artistic videos, which reveal the use of video specific means.
The exhibition MONITORING presents media art installations and sculptures. The entries should include a detailed sketch of the project and a list of the technical equipment needed.

PRECONDITIONS
We look forward to receiving your new works - produced in 2000 or 2001 - until August 15, 2001. If the original version is neither in English nor in German, you should subtitle your work or include a text file in English.
The selection will be finished by October 15. We will inform you about our decision soon after. If your work is selected, you will be contacted for a screening copy.

PRIZES
For the first time in our history, we are able to award prizes. For supporting the Media development in Northern Hesse, an outstanding regional production is going to be awarded with a prize worth of DM 5.000 sponsored by the local daily newspaper HNA.
The Werkleitz Gesellschaft e.V. awards the "Werkleitz Award 2001" providing payment in kind of technical support worth of around DM 10.000. The aim of the "Werkleitz Award" is to honor and support artists which works indicate in a very special way the innovative use of digital media.

INTERFICTION
This year's interfiction conference including lectures, presentations and a seminar focuses on the topic "multifiction://intershop. With or against the current - world wide web based streaming media between art, cultural industry, and commerce".
Watch out for the call for papers or projects online at www.interfiction.net (upcoming end of May).

Again, the Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and Videofest will cooperate with oVid - an internet database for experimental film and video art:
http://www.werkleitz.de/ovid
18. Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- & Videofest
November 14-18, 2001

Download entry form:
http://www.filmladen.de/dokfest

dokfest@filmladen.de