ademir arapovic on Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:03:47 +0200 (CEST)

Syndicate:

dear syndicalists,

i am glad there was eleni mentioned again, in the context of
usefullness of the syndicate list. in her case i think i spoted
that syndicate usefulness can cut on two sides.

after she did her posting,  eleni was replayed by alexandar tisma.
through eleni and alexandar, one can analyse two possible types
of usefulness syndicate could have. as these two types are
very different, there might be a question arising out of them.
but the question later, now i'll describe the types.

eleni:
she doesn't stand for corporation, she stands for one single person - herself.
she wants to see something graceful done on syndicate because the
politics we discuss here obviously is very lowe on the scale of of spiritual contingency.
in that way, when she mentioned albanians in macedonia she was really just pointing
to the fact that around her - at this moment - there was too much politics. i recognised
something slightly hopeless in that tone. she had a problem with politics, with us on
syndicate or anything else and she expressed it. in fact she said something like:
"oh god, for how long must this go on. and where do i find a shelter when artists
elswhere are into politics as well". that is eleni.

alexander:
alexandar is different. he doesn't express the problem. (this doesn't mean he doesn't
have one.) he reacts to other peoples postings. and when he does he has a clear
political stand. too bad, this stand - even when expressed through an individual -
is very racognisable as a corporate stand. somewhere deep, alexander
stands for his state, and he doesn't express pain, he only throws the numbers.
just as he did replaying to eleni:

> Where are the evidences? Please don't exaggerate. After the Kosovo war
> FBI and CIA during one year of hard investigation have found only 1.028
> dead bodies in all, including killed non-Albanians. And it is well known
> that hundreds of Albanians were killed by NATO bombs (Korisha etc.).
> Also, before the NATO bombing there were only 17.000 Albanian refugees
> in Macedonia (the official data by UN) and after it begun 800.000.

> In Bosnia situation is the same. Not to mention that Serbian "massacres"
> at market places in Sarajevo were staged by Muslims. Also you are wrong
> when you say Serb army, because it was Yugoslavian army, made also by
> Albanians and Muslims, Croats... same as Macedonian army is made by
> great number of Albanians too.

with great ease he mentions "only 1028 dead bodies". there is almost coolness
in the air when he's pointing to analogies with bosnian case, smoothly
trying to reduce it to one single 'market incident'. his tone - as the reaction
to anyone's introvert and human considerations - certainly doesn't contribute
to the dialoge. it is just opportunity to declare once more what he has to
declare. and that is yet another form for the same political statement to
be revealed.

please take two persons as almost not existing. just try to deal with
the types they present.
my question is: to whom does syndicate want to be usefull?

ademir arapovic