martha rosler on Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:47:19 -0500

Re: Syndicate: ars electronica 2001 - TAKEOVER theme

>Whether on the scientific front such as
>in the field of biotechnology and genetic engineering, in highly explosive
>sociopolitical settings, or in new economic alliances, their modi operandi,
>motivations, strategies and aims define them as artists, and the
>progressive effects of their work make what they do art.

REALLY???? could you kindly explain the progressive elements here????

I am especially fond of "in the field of biotechnology and genetic
engineering, in highly explosive sociopolitical settings" in conjunction
with  "the avant-gardiste principle of art striving to be a driving force
and to impart momentum to the development of society as a whole has
undergone a shift -science, pop culture and subcultural niches, business &
entertainment, software engineering, etc. are the epicenters of the
exciting current developments."

martha rosler
brooklyn, new york