JSalloum on Sun, 27 Aug 2000 19:56:19 EDT

Syndicate: new tape screening and installation...

Dear All,

Because Many of you helped me with contacts on my last production trip to the
former YU/present YU, I wanted to let you know that I'll be presenting the
new video installation at the World Wide Video Festival (tel 20 420 77 29) in
Amsterdam at a venue called Arti et Amacitiae (the street is, Rokin 112).
This is a new work of mine, a four or five channel piece which focuses on the
experiences of shifts/transitions, interstitial space/time, a figure of
resistance (from S. Lebanon), accounts of the former YU/present YU, and
East-West relations and the effects of 'globalism', I know that sounds like a
lot mixed in but it's in the context of very specific personal and subjective
accounts on things. The opening of the installation and the video festival in
general is Wednesday, September 13th. My installation will continue until
October 15th.

I'll also be dropping into Prague to do a screening of one of the tapes,
"beauty and the east" (thanks to Vuk C. via Marina G) at the Eurovision 2000
conference, I think it's at the Centre for Contemporary Art, on the evening
of September 7th.

Best wishes,
Jayce

--
Jayce Salloum
#821 - 289 Alexander St.
Vancouver B.C.
Canada V6A 4H6
ph/fx: (604)642-0064
salloum@rrrr.net

feed someone:  www.thehungersite.com/index.html

www.lot.at/politics/contributions/s_jayce1.htm
www.arabfilm.com/films/lebanon/uptosouth/uptosouth.htm
www.arabfilm.com/films/lebanon/notbeirut/notbeirut.htm
www.arabfilm.com/films/palestine/introduction/introduction.htm
www1.centrepompidou.fr/beware/fr_cult/jidal.html  (French text)

Info: majordomo@mikrolisten.de; msg: info syndicate