ana on Tue, 15 Feb 2000 06:58:27 +0100

Syndicate: Franklin Furnace call and 18th Festival of video Estavar - Llivia

Hi all,

again stealing news from SCCA for those who are not included into
*openness* of it. But, please, don`t send applications to me again as
last time, I am not in SCCA, but this year I got included into their
local mailing list (this sounds like VIP, ha?)

greetings
ana

FRANKLIN FURNACE CALL TO ALL ARTISTS
DEADLINE: April 1st, 2000 (postmark date)

THE FRANKLIN FURNACE FUND FOR PERFORMANCE ART
Supported by Jerome Foundation and the New York State Council on the
Arts,
Franklin Furnace awards grants of $2,000-$5,000 to performance artists,
allowing them to produce major works anywhere in the State of New York.
Artists from all areas of the world are invited to apply.

THE FUTURE OF THE PRESENT
Franklin Furnace offers an honorarium and a month-long residency for
producing temporal artwork (internet-oriented) in its Emerging
Performance
Artists series at Parsons School of Design's Design and Technology
Department. Franklin Furnace arranges the residency (each artist is
paired
with MFA Design and Technology students), technical equipment, technical

assistance, and publicity. Performance artists who are interested in
developing new art for the Internet are encouraged to apply.

See below for details on HOW TO APPLY.

Franklin Furnace has no curator; each year a new panel of artists
reviews
all proposals. We believe that this peer panel system allows all kinds
of
artists from all over the world an equal shot at presenting their work.
Every year the panel changes, the definition of "emerging artist," and
the
definition of "performance art" itself changes, so if at first you don't

suceed, try again.

Since its inception in 1985 Franklin Furnace's Fund has boosted the
careers
of such emerging artists as Papo Colo, Karen Finley, John Fleck, Holly
Hughes, Cathy Weis, Pamela Sneed and Murray Hill.

Questions? Contact us: info@franklinfurnace.org www.franklinfurnace.org
call us at 212.766.2606 or fax at 212.766.2740

The 1999-00 Franklin Furnace Emerging Artist Series, THE FUTURE OF THE
PRESENT2000 features artists selected by our 1999-2000 peer panel of
Brinkmann-Zhan Ga, Grisha Coleman, Carolina Cruz Santiago, Deborah
Edmeades, Lorraine O'Grady, Pamela Sneed. The featured artists are Scott

Durkin, Susan Lewis, Diane Ludin, Andrea Polli, Seemen, Skart, Danny
Tisdale, Daryl Turner, Jack Waters, Cathy Weis (full schedule and
project
descriptions available on our website).

HOW TO APPLY

1. Write a 50-word summary of your proposed work. Make your summary as
clear and complete as possible. You may also send a more detailed
description of your proposed work.

2. All proposals must have a 1/2 inch videotape (VHS - American format),

cued for five minutes, of your proposed work or past work. You may also
send an audio cassette, slides, photos, CD-ROMS, Jaz, Zip or floppy
disks
(PC-format). (All web-based work must be submitted on removable media!)

3. You may include a budget (i.e. space rental, equipment, tech
personnel).
If you have other funding sources for your project please indicate this
in
your budget.

4. You may also submit your resume, reviews of previous work, and any
other
support materials.

5. You must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of
materials.

Send it to:

Performance Proposals
Franklin Furnace Archive, Inc.
45 John Street, Room #611
New York, NY 10038-3706

All applicants are automatically considered for both categories of
awards.

Franklin Furnace Archive, Inc.
45 John Street, #611
New York, NY 10038-3706
T212.766.2606
F212.766.2740
http://www.franklinfurnace.org
mail@franklinfurnace.org

Martha Wilson, Founding Director
Michael Katchen, Senior Archivist
Harley Spiller, Administrator
Tiffany Ludwig, Program Coordinator

"AIM FOR ARTS" ?
An International Competition Celebrating Artistic Achievement
$50,000 Cdn. Cash Awards ($25,000 1st Prize)

The Federation of Canadian Artists in partnership with AIM Funds
Management Inc. present an international open juried painting exhibition

in Vancouver, September 1 through October 6, 2000.
Prospectus: send SASE (Canadian postage or international postage
coupon available at your post office) to the FCA, 1241 Cartwright
Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 4B7; or visit our Website:
http://www.artists.ca and download a copy.
Slide deadline: March 31, 2000.

Ellen Poole, PR Chair, AIM FOR ARTS (ellenpoole@bc.sympatico.ca)
Federation of Canadian Artists, 1241 Cartwright Street, Vancouver, BC,
Canada V6H 4B7

18th FESTIVAL VIDEO ESTAVAR-LLIVIA

27 - 30 July 2000

The deadline for receiving the video cassettes and entry forms:

April 30, 2000

For leaflets and entry form contact:

FESTIVAL VIDEO D'ESTAVAR-LLIVIA

Place Sant Julia