Arthur Bueno on Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:40:56 +0100

Syndicate: Fwd: BGSU accepting MFA applicants

Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 22:21:27 -0800
From: Mark Marcin <mmarcin@bgnet.bgsu.edu>
Subject: BGSU accepting MFA applicants

Dear Colleague,

We are very excited to announce the introduction of our new MFA program
in Computer Art and Animation at Bowling Green State University. Please
pass this information on to your most motivated and talented students.

We are now accepting applicants for 3 to 6 MFA candidates for Fall 2000.

Our graduate program has been designed to provide students the
opportunity for direct interaction with faculty and extensive access to
our state-of-the-art SGI Unix, SGI NT, and Macintosh facilities.

Within the Computer Art and Animation division we have three areas of
specialization: 3D Animation, Interactive Multimedia, and 2D Imaging.

Graduate students determine their own focus and work with a variety of
faculty members to realize their creative vision. The faculty in the
Computer Art and Animation MFA program collectively have expertise in 3D

Character Animation, WWW Art, Interactive Installation Art, Virtual
Reality, 2D Imaging and Print Technology, Performance Art, Video Art,
CD-ROM Art, Digital Painting, and Computer Programming.

Currently our Computer Art faculty members include:

Mark Marcin, Chair, Computer Art Division
Dena Eber, Assistant Professor
Bonnie Mitchell, Assistant Professor
Cris Glenn, Assistant Professor
Heather Elliott, Visiting Professor

Detailed information about our program, facilities and faculty
can be found at:

Program: http://www.bgsu.edu/departments/art/c_art/cmgraduate.html

Facilities: http://www.bgsu.edu/departments/art/c_art/cmfacil.html

Faculty: http://www.bgsu.edu/departments/art/c_art/cmfacul.html

Applicants to the MFA program are required to submit a portfolio
consisting of a cover letter, resume, 3 letters of recommendation,
documentation of work (15-20 slides, VHS Video tape, Zip, 1GB Jaz,
CD-ROM, and/or WWW site) and a self addressed stamped envelope by MARCH
1st.

Online Application:
http://www.bgsu.edu/colleges/gradcol/adms/admindx.html

Thanks. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

--
Mark Marcin
Chair - Computer Art and Animation