timo.linsenmaier on Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:00:46 +0200 (CEST)

[rohrpost] SHIFT 082 UPDATE, SEPTEMBER 2003

   S H I F T 0 8 2   U P D A T E   S E P T E M B E R   2 0 0 3
   http://www.shift.jp.org/082/

   CONTENTS

   COVER INTERVIEW WITH BURO DESTRUCT

   Buro Destruct from Bern in Switzerland made the cover design
   for this issue. Their second book has just released and they
   are holding an exhibition for this release in Tokyo at the
   moment.

   DIGITAL ART FESTIVAL TOKYO 2003

   "Digital Art Festival Tokyo (DAF Tokyo)" which aims to
   become meeting place where people meet through digital arts
   and create something. Over August 8 - 17, various programs,
   such as performance, exhibitions, symposium, and screenings
   of films were performed in the venue, Panasonic Center,
   Ariake, Tokyo.

   DOTSOSO#18 FEAT. FUTORI

   During all of August the Soso Cafe was reserved only for
   Futori, a "visualiser" from Tokyo. He held the "Don't Mind
   Exhibition" for a month in Sapporo and the opening party for
   this exhibition was held.

   ELEY KISHIMOTO

   Husband-and-wife designers, Mark Eley and Wakako Kishimoto
   (aka Eley Kishimoto) opened their first archive store in June
   2003. Inside the store it is like a haven; from wallpaper
   featuring their Gold Flash prints, to cups and saucers, sofas,
   chairs and, of course, the clothes, the shoes and the rain boots
   (a pair of pink ones caught my eye!).

   METAMORPHOSE 2003

   Metamorphose is an unique and has a special status in the
   rapidly increasing Japanese open air music festivals, not only
   for the size but also for the quality and wide range of
   participating artists regardless of their genre. The event was
   held at the amusement park, "Nihon land HOW Yu-enchi" spread
   out at the foot of Mt. Fuji.

   SHIFT 2004 CALENDAR COMPETITION

   Call for entries to Shift 2004 Calendar competition.
   Thankfully, we received approximately 150 works from all
   over the world in a month at last competition. We again invite
   all creators. Selected works will be presented in the calendar
   and distributed all over the world through Shift Factory. The
   deadline is the 10th of November, 2003.

   CONTROL CHAOS

   Singapore-based creative collective "Phunk Studio" is going to
   hold an exhibition in New York City. Since 1998, Phunk has
   worked on various creative projects with international
   clients such as MTV Asia and Diesel. Find out more about them
   in this exhibition and see a massive mural.

   DDD

   IMAGICA Entertainment has launched the new label "DDD".
   From comic artist to actor, this is a place where various
   artists meet regardless of the genre. The first work from DDD
   is "Kanashimi Jonnie" by comic artist Masakazu Amahisa. It
   will be released on the 25th of September.

   DANGEROUS POP

   One year has passed since Keiko Miyata held the exhibition "In
   & Out" at Soso Cafe. In this October, her weird and mysterious
   animals will occupy the cafe again! Is this an animal or just
   an object? What kind of stuff will come to Sapporo? The
   opening party for this exhibition will hold on Saturday the
   27th of September. The Analog Girl from Singapore will have
   her first performance in Japan at this party. Do not miss it.

   NEWLINE

   "NL (New Line)" is a new brand from SHIFT. This is a
   collaboration project of a designer Hideki Inaba, a graphic unit
   "Mogra" and SHIFT. Sending innovative visual language to
   various media as our message is the aim of this project. Check
   the sesond T-shirt of Hideki Inaba.

   .MOV FESTIVAL 2003

   Noos Movement presents ".MOV Festival 2003" is a digital film
   festival. It will be held under the joint auspices of Hokkaido
   Foundation For Cultural Activities with the aim of digging up
   hidden talented creators and providing an opportunity that
   creators can show their works. We invite all creators in the
   world. The forefront creators will select outstanding works
   from all submissions and these works will be introduced for
   one month in November at the cafe "Soso".

   INFO-WORLD

   What's happening around borderground? Correspondents for
   Shift dwelling on the edge of the world contribute monthly to
   Info-World. Shift presents your direct source from the
   borderground culture of the world.
   Our correspondent in Vienna, Christina saw a mosaic artist in
   Amsterdam where she went during her holiday. Rei in New
   York reports the blackout in NY. From Los Angels, check the
   interview with Kozyndan that draws cute illustrations.

   GIRLS ON THE STREET

   Featuring street fashion photos from all over the world. Check
   cute girls in Singapore.

   PRESENT

   Presenting sets of postcards of Futori, who had the exhibition
   at Soso Cafe in August, for 10 people. The deadline is Tuesday
   the 30th of September.

   in the subject line and we will remove you from the list.

Taketo Oguchi for Shift Magazine
http://www.shift.jp.org

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net