geert lovink on Tue, 2 Sep 2003 03:41:22 +0200 (CEST)

[rohrpost] für n5m4 teilnehmer: swap meet

CLAIM YOUR BLANKET WHILE SUPPLIES LAST:

SWAP MEET

For the Next 5 Minutes 4, De Geuzen is organizing a swap meet where
tactical traditions, such as buttons, flyers, T-shirts, pie throwing,
stencils and stickers can be displayed and generally talked about.
For the event we are designing around 25 blankets that will operate
as a  tactical interface.  Made to be viewed vertically as a banner,
or horizontally as a surface, or from above as a shelter, our
blankets are a kind of nomadic, carry-all, platform for attending
participants.

For the first days of the conference the blankets will circulate both
inside and outside various venues of the Next 5 Minutes.  Owners will
quite literally unfold them and squat or occupy any space they see
fit to air their wares and promote their cause.  At a time and
location to be announced, the blankets and their owners will converge
in a single place for a turbo exchange of tactical traditions.
Audiences/participants will be able to peruse a variety of goods on
view or participate in a series of "show and tell"/how-to lessons
held at the same location.  The space will be a cross between a junk
sale and a DIY center where computers converge with ironing boards
and the dilettante is valued as the expert.

In preparation for the Swap Meet we have set-up a weblog for people
to get to know each other and exchange ideas, resources, and know-how
in advance of the event. We will also use the site for documentation
and hopefully continue the debate around tactical traditions long
after the event is over.

see: http://www.geuzen.org/swap/

If you want to register for a blanket and/or you would like to post
on the blog please send your name and email address to:
info@geuzen.org