Michael Brynntrup on Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:12:49 +0200 (CEST)

[rohrpost] -update-

hello everyone,

...since I havn't sent an _update_ for a long time,
here's a list of some upcoming activities and events...
...it's all 'experimental' between the parallel universes
of galleries - netart/webfilms - cinema/festivals...
...some of you here might be interested...
...(sorry for cross posting in case)...

all the best
michael brynntrup

São Paulo FILE SYMPOSIUM (19.08. - 23.08.03)
http://www.file.org.br/file2003/index.htm

The FILE Symposium goal is to create a new meeting point, besides
the euro-united states, that also discusses the electronic and
digital culture and its international relationship, looking for to
enlarging the discuss on the digital culture in its interdisciplinary
extension, establishing a narrow connection among other digital culture
organizations, as well as with intellectuals, researchers, scientists.

Michael Brynntrup lecture on
STUMMFILM für Gehörlose | SILENT MOVIE For Deaf People
http://www.brynntrup.de/stummfilm

São Paulo INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (28.08. - 06.09.03)
http://www.kinoforum.org/curtas/e_index.htm

The leading event for the short format in Latin America,
the São Paulo International Short Film Festival is also
an international meeting place for the exchange of cultural,
political and financial experiences.

Michael Brynntrup WERKSCHAU | 'Retrospectiva'
http://www.brynntrup.de/brazil

presented by MIX Brasil
http://www.mixbrasil.com.br
supported by Goethe Institute São Paulo
http://www.goethe.de/br/sap/kultur/pr_ago.htm#E6

The Netherlands MEDIA ART FESTIVAL Friesland (04.09. - 20.09.03)
http://www.mediaartfriesland.nl

Michael Brynntrup lecture and workshop on
NETC.ETERA - der Film zum Film | NETC.ETERA - The Film To The Film
(CD-ROM and webfilms)
http://www.brynntrup.de/netcetera

Paris EXHIBITION 'JEAN COCTEAU' (25.09.2003 - 05.01.2004)
Centre Pompidou, curator: Dominique Païni
http://www.cnac-gp.fr/Pompidou/Home.nsf/docs/fhome

'Jean Cocteau, sur le fil du siècle' - L'exposition rétrospective,
la plus importante à ce jour en France, consacrée à l'oeuvre éclectique
d'un poète, écrivain, mais aussi cinéaste, peintre, animateur de la scène
musicale française.

My part in this exhibition is an installation based on
my film NARZISS UND ECHO | NARCISSUS AND ECHO (1989).
It's a 3 minute excerpt as a loop and screened (from DVD)
as an 1.2 metre picture right on wall of the exhibition hall.
http://www.brynntrup.de -> filmo

Norway EXHIBITION 'GOTHIC' (11.01.2003 - 10.10.2004)
Riksutstillinger Tour thru 19 galleries, curator: Tommy Olsson
http://www.riksutstillinger.no/print.shtml?pid=224&rtyp=4

My part in this exhibition is next to some photographic work
a WERKSCHAU with 30 films (all together 8 hours) scheduled each day
and screened (from DVD) in a specially built black-box cinema within
the middle of the white-cube exhibition hall (a quite well done
setting for films in gallery situation - thanks for this effort!).
http://www.brynntrup.de/now -> gothic

There is a catalogue available @riksutstillinger (300p,50nkr|6euro).
In there you'll find 28 facsimile prints of my diary pages and
also a reprint of my essay on concept art (from 1981):
'EINE VORSTUDIE ZUM SCHLUSSPKT.' (in german and norwegian)