Sabine Breitsameter on Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:04:13 +0100 (CET)

[rohrpost] March 22/23: interactive radio-internet-performance

March 23, 2002, 00.05 h CET (night from Friday to Saturday, shortly
after midnight)

Listen to

Frankensteins Netz/Prométhée Numérique/Wiretapping the Beast
by Atau Tanaka

live on air in Middle-Europe radiospace:

		SWR2, DLR Berlin, BR2, HR2, MDR2; Ö1, NordwestRadio,
SR2, SRDRS, WDR3)

live online globally
http://www.frankensteins-netz.de

http://www.promethee-numerique.net)

live locally
at the ZKM Karlsruhe/Germany
at the IAMAS in Ogaki-City/´Japan
at McGill University, Montreal/Canada

and interact with the Kreatur, a being living across the web. It
takes on a body of various media: text, sound, image. We can feed it,
we can try to touch it, but in the end, it is intangible. It is
alive, but it exists nowhere. Its organs are a relational database,
its bones are texts from Mary Shelley, Aeschylus, Goethe, La Mettrie,
Haraway. The sounds and images are yours.

Kreatur has a life cycle that started on 20.02.2002. It will perform
live on March 23, 00.05 h, CET. Since then we have been together
nourishing  Kreatur of sound and image in anticipation as well as
during the live performance.

We will perform with Kreatur, connecting from Karlsruhe Germany,
Montreal Canada, Ogaki Japan on March 23, 2002, shortly after
midnight CET.  It is a musical composition that manifests itself
differently in each of these different infrastructures. And of course
is open to Kreatur's whims!

Composition and realisation : Atau Tanaka
Artifical network character design : Antoine Schmitt
Media database server : Peter Hanappe
Visual design : Gregory Pignot
Recitation of literary texts: Christiane Bachschmidt and Steve Karier
Live with : Atau Tanaka, Zack Settel, Reiko A. and i.d.
Dramatic director / producer : Sabine Breitsameter

Performance: March 23, 2002, 00.05 a.m. CET at ZKM Karlsruhe
Live Broadcast on: March 23, 2002, 00.05 a.m. on SWR2,
DeutschlandradioBerlin, Ö1, DRS and others.
Live-Stream available.

More information : http://www.swr2.de/audiohyperspace

Production : SWR
In co-production with : ZKM / Deutschlandradio Berlin / Radio-Canada
Montréal Chaîne Culturelle / Goethe-Institute Montreal
/Goethe-Institute Tokyo /Intermedium2
rohrpost - deutschsprachige Liste fuer Medien- und Netzkultur
Archiv: http://www.nettime.org/rohrpost Info: http://www.mikro.org/rohrpost
Ent/Subskribieren: http://post.openoffice.de